Strickly Performance 9 sec vid w/o rap

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh cool, i was right(about the TI-VCT tuning)! that thing sounds absolutely amazing!!!

on a side note, it's pretty easy to see why these mag editors deal with magazines for their day jobs, and not in front of video cameras, lol.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ok here it is.. the video of the yr imo.... In this vid a exclusive by mm&ff you will hear the first electronically custom tuned changed camshaft so listen for it. This is huge news.

Mustang & Ford Videos & Video Clips - Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords Magazine

again, sounds like exhaust,

it's a great accomplishment to be the first in the 9's, but it's a 5.0 with a c4 and a shit load of spray that supposedly blew up after that run

car hasn't made a pass since after that run

chrisheltra

Established Member
They have the worst site ever its so slow. Ive tried viewing the vid from several different computers using a couple different browsers and Im having bad luck. Is there a youtube link?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Just the one w the crappy music....

Ok I picked up on something on another video w bama tuning guy using sct, well here look for yourself. I don't have any idea what tuning range you have...Stock they say 50 deg a huge amount. So to the skeptics looks possible to me. I just want the truth.
Vid
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D57oIgfwLzs"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L - Custom Tuned with C&L Prototype CAI[/nomedia]

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Any comment Beefcake? lol Hey man I like you and all but this guys statement pretty much blows your comment out of the water...If they can adj. it why not then, but it may take time to figure out what is best.

I joined up here in jan 2003 when I got the 03 so we are all good. Same over at modfords. We found a lot of stuff out contrary to pop opinion, my fav was "oh you can't put nitrous on it". Well running mine 3 yrs w 100+ jets on 93 oct pretty much shoots that old theory to hell. You probably seen some my videos but whatever. I am a skeptic also, being old and heard bs till I'm tired of it. So we all good now? :beer:

AmnDucky

Established Member
Any comment Beefcake? lol Hey man I like you and all but this guys statement pretty much blows your comment out of the water...If they can adj. it why not then, but it may take time to figure out what is best.

I joined up here in jan 2003 when I got the 03 so we are all good. Same over at modfords. We found a lot of stuff out contrary to pop opinion, my fav was "oh you can't put nitrous on it". Well running mine 3 yrs w 100+ jets on 93 oct pretty much shoots that old theory to hell. You probably seen some my videos but whatever. I am a skeptic also, being old and heard bs till I'm tired of it. So we all good now? :beer:

I wouldnt worry about beefcake. He's a checkbook racer.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I know he has a lot of toys for sure....Just pointing out a new option available to increase hp straight out of a tuners mouth. Ppl always were na saying things about the 03 mods w/o even trying it. Then jump on the bandwagon when a 03 mod did good. Some things never change...lol

Voice of Reason

Established Member
Strickly Performance is just a hack shop looking for a quick car with no concern for engine/trans longevity. In 05 they were responsible for a blown engine in a friends 04 Cobra w/ less than 3k miles on the car due to a bad tune and offered nothing to him in restitution. I'm very impressed with what other tuners are doing with the 11 GT, but not with Strictly.

Voice of Reason

Established Member
just talked to richard... motor is fine he drove it today

You work at Amazon right? I had one of your tunes on my 03 Cobra. You should have heard the wonderful things Richard had to say about the quality of your tunes when I went to a dyno day at Strickly's shop in 04.

Voice of Reason

Established Member
did you believe him?

Nope, I was very happy with your tune. :beer:

I remember this like it was yesterday. In the two pulls he made with my car he was getting super rich readings with the tailpipe sniffer. He was convinced, and I'll edit this so it's internet friendly, that the mailorder tune I had wasn't worth a darn and who ever did it didn't know what they were doing. When I questioned his af sniffer he told me there's no way that was the problem. But for "a small fee" he could fix all that for me.

What he didn't know is that I had gone to a dyno day just 2 weeks earlier to a different shop with a different group of guys and there when they did their af tailpipe sniffer everything was spot on.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I hear those kind of stories all the time..that is why most tuners will have nothing to do with mail order tuning..Rick still sends out tunes cause he knows there are some guys who have no other option available to them..

ShadowLands

Established Member
Well, well, well...........isn't this spectacular. For everyone who is wondering (especially you Terry), the engine is just fine. The ORIGINAL engine, thank you very much. Not a replacement.....not a warranty replacement.....not a gimme second engine. Same engine that the car came off the assembly line with and became the first in the 9's with. Runs, drives, goes up and down the road, runs fine down track. And yes, I've seen it in person and drove the damn car myself yesterday. Hauls ass too. Pulls as hard as my twin turbo car. So how about easing up on the stupid rumors, kids....m'kay?

They have not been back at the track since the record-breaking runs. So what? There are other cars in the shop to work on and other projects going on. My car is one of them. It is a business and needs to be run as such so there is not always time to go out and make run after run after run after run just to satisfy the internet hounds.

"Voice of Reason"........sounds like the Voice of Jealousy to me. What's the matter, Slick? Can't outrun them so you have to diss them over an internet board? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor little thang.....if you're so pissed at them why not stop on by their shop sometime and call them a "hack shop." Hell...I'll bring the beer and nachos to watch that fiasco go down. Strictly Performance builds and tunes some of the quickest and fastest cars on the planet, Junior. The record books speak for themselves. Their street cars are in magazines everywhere. Their race cars are in the winner's circle. World Championships are won with their work. Several of those championships are mine. So if you're a little pissy about them......who really cares. After all....who the hell are you anyway?

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well, well, well...........isn't this spectacular. For everyone who is wondering (especially you Terry), the engine is just fine. The ORIGINAL engine, thank you very much. Not a replacement.....not a warranty replacement.....not a gimme second engine. Same engine that the car came off the assembly line with and became the first in the 9's with. Runs, drives, goes up and down the road, runs fine down track. And yes, I've seen it in person and drove the damn car myself yesterday. Hauls ass too. Pulls as hard as my twin turbo car. So how about easing up on the stupid rumors, kids....m'kay?

They have not been back at the track since the record-breaking runs. So what? There are other cars in the shop to work on and other projects going on. My car is one of them. It is a business and needs to be run as such so there is not always time to go out and make run after run after run after run just to satisfy the internet hounds.

"Voice of Reason"........sounds like the Voice of Jealousy to me. What's the matter, Slick? Can't outrun them so you have to diss them over an internet board? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor little thang.....if you're so pissed at them why not stop on by their shop sometime and call them a "hack shop." Hell...I'll bring the beer and nachos to watch that fiasco go down. Strictly Performance builds and tunes some of the quickest and fastest cars on the planet, Junior. The record books speak for themselves. Their street cars are in magazines everywhere. Their race cars are in the winner's circle. World Championships are won with their work. Several of those championships are mine. So if you're a little pissy about them......who really cares. After all....who the hell are you anyway?

I don't know if your referring to me, I never called them a hack shop. All I said was I heard from a very reputable source that the engine blew at the end of the run.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. At this point it will always be suspect with most anyway because it didn't come right back out.

So, i'm not pissy, and your not referring to me. I simply said when this guy is posting on the net this is the video of the year because of all this crazy cam changes and stuff that imo there is no crazy cam idle or anything.

I think it's an awesome accomplishment, i personally would have loved to see the car come right back out the next week to dispell the rumors. But, they have nothing to prove to anyone including myself. So, when someone tells me they personally saw the car blown up sitting at the end of the track being towed back to the pits. I'm probably gonna believe someone I know that told me that, unless i'm proven otherwise.

So, i've never dissed the shop, never downed the shop, simply said I heard the engine was gone, and now we'll never know as it's been almost a month.

Same thing happened when the first SHO motor went. I knew it went, I know who was working on it when it went. The tuner still swore up and down that the engine was fine, yet the car was gone for a month, and then an insider at ford said he had to go to the same city as this tuner for the first blown sho motor, coincedence i guess. 5 weeks later the car turns back up.

Again, I think it was a great accomplishment and kudos to them.

ShadowLands

Established Member
I'd like to know who this "reputable source" happens to be, Terry. Mainly because I'd like to call him/her a f'ning liar to his/her face. That bullshit rumor has been going on since the morning after the nine second pass happened. Somebody's jealous.

I know you didn't refer to them as a hack shop. That was the Voice of Jealousy.

Users who are viewing this thread