Stripe Help

SirShaun

Established Member
Well, I finally got my quarter panel fixed after breaking the rear last year. In the process the stripe had to be removed.

I am having a horrible time trying to find someone to replicate them. I really don't want to buy the whole side from Ford.

I've visited 3 sign shops, and the white they had/use is too white. Another place pointed out that the stripes are actually screen printed, the blue in the middle is vinyl as well. At this point I don't need them to be perfect, I just need a couple of white rectangles spaced evenly, lining up with the door stripes.

Has anyone been through this before? Any online places to get stripe sections? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BurntStripe.jpg

NoStripe.jpg

lkempf

Established Member
You should be able to buy them from a ford dealer. I bought hood stripes from Tousley/Auto Nation Ford online. They had the best prices. They should have the side stripes also.

tktlwyr

Established Member
Ford makes you buy the entire side.

Too bad the fender I need to replace is on the other side otherwise I would have split a side with you.

Imatk

Established Member
Yeah I just went through this with my stripes... metallic silver is probably the hardest to match.

The issue with yours is they're so close together they would have to be perfect.

With mine, there was a break between the hood and bumper so even though it's not EXACTLY perfect you can't tell.

What you could do is just restripe the whole side.

But with just that little section, yeah it's probably impossible to get a perfect match.

Ford makes you buy the whole side because even Ford's vinyl might not be a perfect match from one sheet to another.

Imatk

Established Member

SirShaun

Established Member
I'd just call them to make sure... easiest way

Ha, good call. I was expecting that to be a chore, but it wasn't bad at all. Tousley/Autonation for the win. $150 a lot easier to look at than $230.

For anyone wondering. "Door Stripe" goes from wheel to wheel, and includes all 3 sections.

Users who are viewing this thread