Strut Tower Brace that fits over JLT RAI?

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Just got a new Carbon Fiber RAI and my steeda 3 point brace doesn't fit over it. I had JLT's older model RAI and it fit fine, so I didn't think I would have this issue.

Who makes a 3 point strut tower brace that will fit over these suckers?

Worst comes to worst I'll fabricate a bracket to fill the space over the intake.

2004Droptop

Established Member
yep it will fit, here is over a Whipple and JLT... Nice piece btw

IMG_0252_zpscd17aa34.jpg

IMG_0255_zps9c5dc982.jpg

TDS-03

Established Member
Appreciate it! My steeda is now up for sale!

I see you are in OC. If you ever make it down to San Diego, I have an never installed one complete with all hardware (just no box) if you are interested. I have no interest in shipping it, but if you could do pick up I would make you a great deal.

keith89

Established Member
are the bolt patterns the same for the MM bar that clears whipples and KB's? I have the bar for an eaton but i had to remove it because it interferes with the fitment of my JLT RAI with a dragon throttle body. I guess the dragon angles it out a bit. I already have holes in my strut towers and cowl so i'd hate to have to fill them in and redrill holes.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
are the bolt patterns the same for the MM bar that clears whipples and KB's? I have the bar for an eaton but i had to remove it because it interferes with the fitment of my JLT RAI with a dragon throttle body. I guess the dragon angles it out a bit. I already have holes in my strut towers and cowl so i'd hate to have to fill them in and redrill holes.

Good question. Ill find out.

Huff035

Established Member
Anyone know if it works with the next gen hi boost jlt's? Jlt's site says most stb's don't fit. It will be on a TVS

Last edited:

eaglesnick

Established Member
Anyone know if it works with the next gen hi boost jlt's? Jlt's site says most stb's don't fit

It is supposed to fit, I have the hi boost kit waiting to be installed with my 2.9 so I will be able to confirm that in the next month (I hope).

eaglesnick

Established Member
Anyone know if it works with the next gen hi boost jlt's? Jlt's site says most stb's don't fit. It will be on a TVS

Sorry missed the added part of it fitting with the TVS. I'm not sure if it will clear the TVS due to the size of the inlet on the TVS, I know it DOESN'T fit the whipple with the crusher inlet.

Last edited:

eaglesnick

Established Member
is the difference with the bar noticeable? if so what did younotice that changed about the handling. Also anyone run one with a 2.3 tvs yet?

Hard for me answer that as I have not had a real opportunity to drive it since I suffered an engine failure shortly after installation. That being said I did notice less cowl shake, but I have a convertible which is inherently looser that the coupe.

Huff035

Established Member
Sorry missed the added part of it fitting with the TVS. I'm not sure if it will ckear the TVS due to the size of the inlet on the TVS, I know it DOESN'T fit the whipple with the crusher inlet.

Damn, and it would even have to clear the dragon inlet in my case. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread