Stuck clutch

Habu7108

Established Member
I'm the proud owner of a 2008 GT500. I've got some clutch chatter. My car has a Spec clutch in it. The Ford dealership couldn't remove the transmission, stating that the input shaft was stuck/seized in friction disc of clutch. After talking to the service manager, she stated the tech only had a few millimeters of space between bell housing and transmission. What are some old school tricks that will help free things up? I have plans up replacing the clutch with a better quality replacement. I'm not too worried about the existing clutch, but I don't want to end up on the side of the road. tyia

mhunsr

Established Member
It's an angle thing. Lift the front of the engine before trying to remove the transmission. GT500 transmissions also need to be "clocked" for removal. Can't remember if it clockwise or counterclockwise, then will have enough room to come out the transmission tunnel. Had this problem when removing the stock clutch. The fingers on the stock clutch caught on input shaft. I used a long crowbar to assist. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread