Stupid Hotchkis

oilwell1415

Established Member
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Hotchkis sways for my truck, which will finally finish the suspension. They were supposed to ship on the 21st, but I called today because I didn't have them and didn't have a tracking number. Apparently Hotchkis is no longer stocking anything, they just build to order. That's fine if they want to do business that way, but you could at least let people know that's the case instead of having a 6-8 week turn on everything. I searched a lot of vendors looking for one that could get them to me quickly, and nobody had them in stock. When I called today the place I ordered from said they have received so many complaints about Hotchkis that they are considering dropping their line because they can't deliver when they're supposed to.

Anyway, just needed to vent a little.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Eh, I understand your frustration, but I guess it might help to look at it from their (Hotchkis') perspective. They have been manufacturing these suspension pieces for many years now, and like many other manufacturers, they are beginning to see these trucks as a close to tapped out market. Its sad to think about it, but our trucks are old news when it comes to the aftermarket community. Its just a fact of the matter that we're going to have to get used to. I mean look at what some of the Gen 1 guys have to do to get parts.

oilwell1415

Established Member
I understand their perspective and don't have a problem with it, just as I said in my first post. My problem is that they are telling their distribution network that they have this stuff ready to go and they don't. This isn't just the Lightning parts, this is everything they offer. If they are going to build to order they shouldn't be advertising things as ready to ship.

oilwell1415

Established Member
I guess I just got too used to the way it was when I worked at the performance shop. When I needed a Hotchkis part for a customer's car I called them and had it in my hands two days later. Now they won't ship for two months. Sounds like a great way to run a business.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
That just seems like a bad idea to me. Waiting 2 months for this stuff isnt worth it IMO. Now i could see reducing the amount of parts you keep in stock, but not stocking anything? Not all your customers are going to be willing to wait and i could see the company losing customers to competitors who are ready to rock.

oilwell1415

Established Member
In my case the only other choice is Hellwig and I won't install that crap on my truck. Not only is their quality suspect, but their bars are about 20 lbs heavier than the Hotchkis.

Lenny 15

Established Member
I justgot my TVS in the mail from them yesterday and shipping was fast cause I'm right near Santa fe springs. You should be getting yours soon I would think.

oilwell1415

Established Member
I actually got them about two weeks ago. Ironically, they had obviously been sitting on the shelf for an eternity. Maybe I got penalized for not getting the TVS? Blowing someone off because they didn't get what you wanted them to is also becoming common.

Lenny 15

Established Member
I ordered my TVS with the bilstien shocks on Febuary second, and just saw it yesterday. They also told me they were waiting on new swaybars and leaf springs. The stuff seems new to me.

Lenny 15

Established Member
Yeah. Who knows really how long it sat. Glad I got my parts though and hopefully I'll never have to deal with them again. :beer:
Now the last thing I'm expecting is from LFP.... Their bump steer kit and Clunk fix. Delivery is scheduled for Monday. (Also ordered it on the 2nd.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread