Stupid Hyundai/Kia Busted - LOL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol @ thinking theyre just getting to the quality of american brands....

Ignorance and blind brand loyalty is bliss. Theyre all very good and all came from very shit quality a mere decade ago. Some if not most of newer hyundai have some baller ass interiors. Way nicer feeling than the shit thats in your '12 focus that mimics the shit thats in my '10 fusion.

Plus not the first manufacturer to overestimate their mpg ratings. Though lets not forget over-estimating horsepower claims....who did that again?

I agree. Every major auto manufacturer has gotten caught with deceptive/false advertising claims at one time or another. Cheating or hiding defects, it seems, is only wrong if you get caught. So now Hyundai will have to pay a penalty. I don't feel sorry for the company, but I'll wager my wife's next car will be another Hyundai. That would be her third. She presently has a 2012 Hyundai Azera that is about as tight and solid as they come, and it's loaded with luxury features. And, a nice 293-hp, 255-lb-ft, 3.3-liter V-6 to boot. Hyundai has indeed come a long way. Hopefully they now have learned a lesson they won't repeat.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I'm glad this happened, I remember seeing the Hyundai ads and doubting the 40 MPG claims. I wouldn't buy either brand but I would take a Hyundai over a Kia.

Satyr

Established Member
have you ever driven \a car 2011 or later from either brand?

I have, and I have owned one. While they are nice cars, I didn't find the Sportage, Optima or Forte to be worth the price when loaded. Their base prices, however, are quite good. Unfortunately, I always have to get the techy shit that drives the prices up and the quality down lol.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
have you ever driven \a car 2011 or later from either brand?

I have, and being into the ecomodding thing I have an idea how difficult it is to get real world 40mpg. I know a long term Hyundai tech as well. And I wouldn't make a decision to buy a car based on how much I liked sitting in/driving around in them. There's more to it for me. I swap the performance cars out every 2 years but for a daily I hang on and I rack up miles, I have an Accord I've had for 9 years, it has 370,000 on it. Even if I knew I would ditch a car before the warranty expired, I would not give a company that I thought had a history of making a lesser product the business. You know what's interesting, when you go to that Hyundia dealership where my friend works hardly a single employee owns one.

Last edited:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I have, and being into the ecomodding thing I have an idea how difficult it is to get real world 40mpg. I know a long term Hyundai tech as well. And I wouldn't make a decision to buy a car based on how much I liked sitting in/driving around in them. There's more to it for me. I swap the performance cars out every 2 years but for a daily I hang on and I rack up miles, I have an Accord I've had for 9 years, it has 370,000 on it. Even if I knew I would ditch a car before the warranty expired, I would not give a company that I thought had a history of making a lesser product the business. You know what's interesting, when you go to that Hyundia dealership where my friend works hardly a single employee owns one.

Thats funny I was looking to buy a Kia Optima EX Premium Tech and for ~1000 more I could extend the comprehensive warranty to 10 years and 100,000 miles...No domestic car does that!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Thats funny I was looking to buy a Kia Optima EX Premium Tech and for ~1000 more I could extend the comprehensive warranty to 10 years and 100,000 miles...No domestic car does that!

It's a sacrifice they'll make to build brand loyalty, which most have. I was sitting here thinking about what cars I would buy and I am definitely extremely critical.

Last week I saved a person from buying a Hyundai Tiburon and steered them to a Scion TC with the same mileage and price. It was my good deed for the day.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's a sacrifice they'll make to build brand loyalty, which most have. I was sitting here thinking about what cars I would buy and I am definitely extremely critical.

Last week I saved a person from buying a Hyundai Tiburon and steered them to a Scion TC with the same mileage and price. It was my good deed for the day.

WillyWonka-480x345.jpg

you must sell so many used cars.

Users who are viewing this thread