Stupid math, any help?

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I am so out of practice I cannot even figure this simple problem out.

I'm working on making a simple calculator with a spreadsheet that will figure out the following:

Let E = 2000
F = 100,000
T = 50,000

Say L = (E*100 + F + T)^.25

Simple

Now, I want to figure out how to solve for E when L is known / different and I cannot remember how to solve for E in this instance.

Any help for me out there?:shrug:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
i am so out of practice i cannot even figure this simple problem out.

I'm working on making a simple calculator with a spreadsheet that will figure out the following:

Let e = 2000
f = 100,000
t = 50,000

say l = (e*100 + f + t)^.25

simple

now, i want to figure out how to solve for e when l is known / different and i cannot remember how to solve for e in this instance.

Any help for me out there?:shrug:

l = (e*100 + f + t)^.25
l^4=e*100+f+t
l^4-f-t=e*100
(l^4-f-t)/100=e

Sapperstang

Established Member
Every math thread makes me feel dumb. I have always feared math and in HS only took basic math. Now that I am back in school for a science degree they want math and lots of it. I am in intermediate algebra now. Gotta work my way to pre calc. I did surprise myself with an A in the first algebra class. Lets see if I can do that again.

txyaloo

Established Member
wow thats badass, shit still in remedial w/ 43 college credits done, just can't get the hang of it, hell i'll save it til the end lol :banana:

It's going to suck in the future when you need those math classes as a prereq for an upper level course, and it takes you an extra year to graduate.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
It's going to suck in the future when you need those math classes as a prereq for an upper level course, and it takes you an extra year to graduate.

yeah well not much i can do. there are 3 remedials at the college i am at. i took level 2 and failed it, took it again and was failing so i tested out of it. took the last level to get into college math and low and behold i was failing it. can't do tutoring because i have a child and work but i do the hw and everything, i just can't seem to get it and i have always been like that though. everything else i pass w/ flying colors. :shrug:
got word i got into a private school last week so i'm excited!!! $20k a year so i'm just gonna have to push it back and do those classes alone and not have any other classes to distract. believe me i've tried everything.....:??:

Users who are viewing this thread