Stupidest Thing About 2020 GT500!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Rotary dial definitely wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me. At work I use them all the time and they’re alright.

I’d say the manual transmission is dead and that’s a too bad because I still enjoy them. For just going out and ****in around it’s much more fun.

How reliable is a dct? Seems like a very expensive piece.

robraySVT

Established Member
Not a fan of rotary shifter, but crazy markup will be insane. Maybe consider one in 3-5 years.

94RedCobra

Established Member
Lol at rotary shifter. Nobody will give a flying **** about that once theyre driving it.

I disagree. Have you ever tried executing a fast forward to reverse motion with a rotary dial controlled transmission? What happens when you miss Reverse and click over to Park. By by expensive DCT; hello massive repair bill.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I disagree. Have you ever tried executing a fast forward to reverse motion with a rotary dial controlled transmission? What happens when you miss Reverse and click over to Park. By by expensive DCT; hello massive repair bill.

I'll agree with this.

By the way, this bullshit rotary shifter crap is already on other exclusive Ford products... like the FUSION HYBRID (LOL) i had as a rental for work last month. I neutral dropped that poor thing on accident more times than i can remember in 3 short days.

I'd hate having it in this new GT500.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll agree with this.

By the way, this bullshit rotary shifter crap is already on other exclusive Ford products... like the FUSION HYBRID (LOL) i had as a rental for work last month. I neutral dropped that poor thing on accident more times than i can remember in 3 short days.

I'd hate having it in this new GT500.
Neutral dropped? I would hope that the car is smart enough not to go into park when moving. My truck won’t go into 4L just because I rotated the knob to it instead of 4H.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Neutral dropped? I would hope that the car is smart enough not to go into park when moving. My truck won’t go into 4L just because I rotated the knob to it instead of 4H.

Yep.. did it many many times. My brain couldnt sync with the direction i was supposed to turn the damn knob.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ford engineers should have hired you. Nobody has ever thought or done what you just said. Lol

But you're right that dial imo belongs in a luxury car.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I can think of some things far more stupid than that. For instance, the fact that it's likely going to cost over 90K when fully optioned, and over 100K with dealer markup.....for a Mustang.
A GT350R's MSRP is $63,000, the GT350 has a MSRP of $56,000. The GT500 will not start in the 90s lol
For reference, the 2014 GT500 had a MSRP of $55,000.

My94GT

Established Member
Ford GT has the same thing. People don't seem to make as big of a fuss about that one.
Because people that can afford the cars don’t care about such trivial items as a shifter other then putting it in drive and enjoying the car.

Most people bitching about the GT500 shifter saying it would prevent them from purchasing, likely weren’t in the market for one anyway.

Personally I just don’t care for the look of the front end but I’m sure it will grow on me seeing them more in person. Alas it won’t matter because I won’t be purchasing one anytime soon as I need another garage before I drop big coin on any car. I will say I agree with the gripe that if you do a rotary shifter why not place it in a manor which frees up more center console space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread