Styling Bar Brake Light Cutoff

SouthSideStang

Established Member
Does anyone know where i could get a switch to have the CDC styling bar brake light not come on when the top is up? I contacted LMR and AM and they couldnt direct me anywhere. Did a quick search and didnt find if anyone has successfully done this. Thanks in advance.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Have you contacted CDC directly? Classic Design Concepts has their own website.

Is this a recent issue though? My CDC light bar never lit the brake lights if the top was up. There is a switch installed that prevents that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SouthSideStang

Established Member
Have you contacted CDC directly? Classic Design Concepts has their own website.

Is this a recent issue though? My CDC light bar never lit the brake lights if the top was up. There is a switch installed that prevents that.

Sent from my SM-G950Tapatalk

Im not sure if it’s a recent issue but I tried to read up as much as I could on these forums before my install and I read it in a few places that people couldn’t get it to only turn on when the top was down. I did order the cdc part but from LMR. I wonder how the car knows when the top is up though

JimCSHO

Established Member
There's some wiring that you have to do in the installation. It sounds like something isn't wired properly. Everything is included and there isn't a separate switch that you have to buy. The wiring is what "tells" the brake light if the top is down

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kdawgg11

Established Member
Did anyone find anything for this I need one as well wrote cdc but no reply yet was hoping someone had a write up to make one thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coposrv

Established Member
Did anyone find anything for this I need one as well wrote cdc but no reply yet was hoping someone had a write up to make one thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need one too. I’m in the middle of a wire tuck and re-pin of some factory harness’ so I bought the oem ford wiring manual.

I’ll look and come up with something. My rough guess is adding a N/O relay that closes when the top is down. I just have to find something to trigger it.

I am a licensed Electrician by trade fire alarm and controls is a big part of my business.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

WinnipegGuy

Established Member
Does anyone have a picture of the wiring for the light bar at the harness? My 03’ doesn’t have a straight black wire going to the trunk, found it at the third brake light inside the trunk but it must change colours from back seat to the trunk. Trying to avoid peeling back the harness all the way from the back seat to the third light.

WinnipegGuy

Established Member
Does anyone have a picture of the wiring for the light bar at the harness? My 03’ doesn’t have a straight black wire going to the trunk, found it at the third brake light inside the trunk but it must change colours from back seat to the trunk. Trying to avoid peeling back the harness all the way from the back seat to the third light.

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
There is a switch made to turn off the brake light in the bar when it is up. I remember back in 2004 looking into buying one though never did. Soon as the top goes up it shuts off the brake light. They are out there, just where and who sells them now I would not know. The best way now is to wire a switch to your center console and when the top is up switch the light to off.

How to install a Splice-in Lightbar Switch on your Mustang | AmericanMuscle

Users who are viewing this thread