Sucks To Be This Guy

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Oh man that blows.

I have a buddy who is pretty big into that stuff, he has an F4U that he has been building for the last year or so and he is about $30,000 into it. I can't imagine what that guy put into that thing.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Dude looks like he lost a relative in that wreck. Sucks.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That does suck bad. I flew RC Helis for years and just a small crash was a minor fortune.

Yep...I fly them too, but have lost the desire lately. I had just upgraded the swash plate, mainshaft and was on shakedown flight when the Heli experienced a tail-rotor failure, boom....

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The plane just got overheated is all.

That really sucks. I can't imagine how much money and time he spent building that plane and all the time spent building up to the point of being able to fly it.

RichM1983

Established Member
It doesn't make sense it just disintegrated. Did he bank to hard? Or did it explode? I didn't see fire...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It doesn't make sense it just disintegrated. Did he bank to hard? Or did it explode? I didn't see fire...

I am betting rudder hard over, past the load limits resulting in the tail disintegrating. 1:2 scale airplane is well...an airplane, this thing was ****ing huge. I wonder what kind of structural testing was done if any on this design.

Users who are viewing this thread