• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Suggestion For a New Forum Section

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by ShelbyGT5HUN, Sep 9, 2020.

1. ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN Well-Known Member Established Member

I use this site for all my time online in terms of "social media" comments and discussions. No FB or IG accounts for me. I love the restaurant section here, especially the political and doughnut (ask a cop) sub groups. The back and forth and the GREAT ADVICE, has kept me here for several years now. The membership here is second to NONE

I think if you had a "Dork Squad", aka Geek Squad (I'm sure you can pick a better name ), type of section where you could ask tech questions about computers, smartphones, etc., it might really be useful. There have been times I had questions, but didn't feel like posting them in the current "Restaurants".

Just a suggestion. Love the site!

Thanks!

ccq8le likes this.
  2. ShelbyGT5HUN

Perhaps a general "talk about tech, gaming, rumors, etc." section, and a more "Help Desk" oriented area.

Here are two posts I found in the first few posts in the Roadside Pub section today. I feel there would be great interest!

Screenshot_20200909-012653.jpeg Screenshot_20200909-012310.jpeg

3. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

I haven't seen quite enough interest in that to justify a complete section. Typically, if you post it in RS you get a pretty quick response.

ShelbyGT5HUN likes this.
  4. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

Travis makes a valid point. RS is a very popular section, so it catches the attention of a lot of members, which can result in getting help with a question quicker and better. A lesser used section wouldn't garner as much attention nor a lot of responses with help. I've posted questions in RS about computers, smart phones, TV streaming, home theater, etc., and always have gotten quick and helpful responses.

Travis, is Road Side our most heavily used section?

ShelbyGT5HUN likes this.
  5. ShelbyGT5HUN

Ok, just a suggestion

6. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

And a good one. Never hurts to ask. I've suggested stuff in the past I personally thought might be good, but in the end you have to look at the big picture. But, if in doubt, ask the question. ;)

ShelbyGT5HUN likes this.