Suggestions on headlights and taillights for blacked out Cobra

Hi0nPsi

Hey everybody sorry if I created a new post for a common question just could not find what I have been looking for.
I bought a 03 Cobra that has tinted headlights and taillights, problem is I have been pulled over for it and also could not get inspection sticker due to the tint. This got me thinking maybe I can find a sweet set of heads and tails to replace the sets on it. The car is blacked out and I would love to keep that look as much as possible and keep the led setup or move to a better lighting since I am blind as a bat.

I know nothing about electrical and would prefer a plug and play setup, one that looks good enough to match the blacked out theme or smoked enough I wouldn’t have to worry about my local LE if that is possible. Anybody have any suggestions maybe even pics of a similar setup? Located in WV Incase anybody is curious about where I am having issues at.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If you are looking for a stock replacement looking setup, the brand Eagle Eyes runs about $90 off eBay for front L/R headlights and is as good of a stock replica as you will find IMHO.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Do some research on whatever you buy.

I bought headlights last year from a major vendor and they are already flaking off.

I’m running led’s so it’s not from heat.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Junkyard for tail lights because they are all the same, new OEM for headlights.

I tried the knock off "OEM" style and they lasted a few months before turning yellow and rubber deteriorating. Actual OEM has been on for a few years and still look great. I don't mind tinted taillights, but if the lights are black...it just looks trashy.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Projector Retrofit with the reflector painted black with a clear lens is what comes to mind for your car. There is a connector I used that made it mostly plug in play connection into the car to boot - although you still needed to figure out where to place the ballast with that setup.

Users who are viewing this thread