Suggestions on new 5.0 Exhasut

RaceRed1996

2012 5.0, Im looking to get some Long tubes, a catted X-pipe and some axle backs.. and i am also looking to wake the devil, As loud as can be. I was looking at Pyros polished long tubes with some kind of roush axlebacks. THROW Suggestions at me. it just needs to have cat.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
mbrp race, stainless works lmf system, and we have some killer deals on headers too

hit me up with anything you need

beef
513-478-1965

Vert

Established Member
All i can say, roush muffs with just an offroad H pipe could wake the dead. It would literally scare a person on the sidewalk with a blip of the throttle.

ROMM

Established Member
I just installed some competition RTR Magna flow axle backs the other day. I had some 40 series Flowmasters prior. My setup is factory exhaust manifolds, high flow cats, 3" H-pipe, and no resonators. It sounds bad ass. It is way louder than the Flowmasters and sounds mean as hell. There is no drone, and no rasp. Two things the the Flowmasters had. No "hollow" sound at all like the Flowmaster setup (I am not crazy about that sound, but I know it is what makes the Flowmaster sound popular). I am shocked this setup is not as popular as it is. Sound clips just don't do it justice. The only problem is now the car sounds way more bad ass than it really is lol. I could only imagine this setup with headers! I will be installing a catless H-pipe in a few days and I am hoping it doesn't get too much louder.

dstow13

Established Member
I have 1 3/4 kooks headers with a kooks O/R H pipe with lethal gen 2 over axle pips and magna flow race series quads and it sounds freakin mean as hell. when you get over 2k rpm it drones some but its tolerable to me plus I'm never going 70 plus in 6th anyways so it doesn't drone for me. When you get on the gas pedal it sounds amazing. It'll hurt your ears but it sounds awesome to me.

ROMM

Established Member
Ok well I recently had a new MGW shifter and offroad H-pipe (Pypes) installed at a speedshop. I also had my car dyno tuned. I picked up the car today. No cats made a huge difference in the sound and volume. It still sounds bad ass, but way too loud for me now. Can't believe the difference cats made. I can't really get on my car too much around town because it is such a spectacle lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to get rid of my competition RTR's now :(. I will go with either a RTR street version or the good old GT500's. It's too bad as I really liked the sound prior to the tune and new catless H-pipe. I had to change out my old H-pipe because the passenger side cat had broke and was making an annoying rattling sound.

The good news is the car feels a bit quicker now with the dyno tune too! And shifting is way better now.

Before I get rid of my current exhaust setup I will try to make another sound video like I did in my M400 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNNYckddaZM

SinisterMustang

Established Member
2012 5.0, Im looking to get some Long tubes, a catted X-pipe and some axle backs.. and i am also looking to wake the devil, As loud as can be. I was looking at Pyros polished long tubes with some kind of roush axlebacks. THROW Suggestions at me. it just needs to have cat.

Since you're implying you want the loudest possible exhaust, why even look into an actual name brand exhaust part? Delete the cats and mufflers. You'll louder than any cookie cutter setup you can buy.

if you're wanting something quality with a decent tone. The MBRP is a decent setup. Shoot me a PM if you want a price on the exhaust.

Thanks,

- M

Users who are viewing this thread