Super Rare 1979 Cobra Vin#9F03F110024.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I really question the history. Cool story, but not likely true.

Even then, 4 eye cars just don't, and won't, bring big money. I had a really rare immaculate McLaren Capri, and I had to practically give it away when I sold it.

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
Rarest 1979 Mustang Cobra Vin # 9f03f110024

Yea when I read it , I was like no way

Last edited:

johnh

Established Member
- T5 didn't come out till 83
- roller blocks not till 85

Just because you're a plant manager doesn't mean you have access to proto type parts. The plant and engineering are completely different entities so this story has many holes.

04SVTMystic

Powered By Cyberdyne
Established Member
I smell something.....especially since the '83 GT was launched with the SROD 4 speed at Job#1. The T-5 was a running change later in the model year. Also he ordered it in '79 and just kept it there minus the drivetrain for years? As stated above the roller came out in 1985. No chance this is legit....

Last edited:

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Wow, ok so the majority are blowing holes in another true story. So why couldn't have the car just sat waiting on an engine like described. Lets see, my 92 shows up in some of the official records as me being the first owner in 98. Ok, I repeat my 1992 shows me as its first registered owner in 1998. That's 6 years of mystery status. It had 10,200 miles on it when I bought it in 98. Some of you all have tried to poke holes in my story too. You all have to remember, Ford had a historical record of not documenting low, special build projects very well. I am old enough to be able to remember and cite several such examples.

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Brock Manley: Ford Assembly Plant:

I did hrs of research and found the most rare 1979 Mustang cobra ever produced Vin#9F03F110024. Ford factory upgrade to the HO 4V 302 V8 with new T5 manual transmission: The head of operation in 1979 ordered this car, had the entire car built minus a motor and transmission and kept it at the palnt. Then in late 1981 right before they made the 1982 GT, they already had the concept motor for the 1983 GT with the 4 barrel carb insted of the 2 barrel, the roller cam, the better intake, and the 5 speed transmission.......Well to make a long story short:: being the head of the plant he could pretty much do what he wanted ......he put this 1979 Mustang Cobra back through the assembley line and had the 302 H.O 4V and the 5speed tranny installed. This is the only 1979 Mustang Cobra in the world with a numbers matching 302 H.O 4V and numbers matching 5 speed.

Just wanted to share this I couldn't believe it: That car is going to be worth a fortune.

Bullshit :burn:

04SVTMystic