Supercharged Fuel Economy

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Ever since I installed my Procharger stage II, I am only able to get 22 or so avg on the highway. I was wondering what others are getting with a centrifugal blower setup. I know procharger claims that with their tune the highway mileage should stay the same. I have a Lund tune plus using 75lb siemens deka injectors and a VMP boost a pump so I'm guessing one or more of the 3 factors listed previously are decreasing my fuel economy. Before I went FI I was getting around 25 or so as advertised. Anyone on here that is boosted still getting stock-like fuel economy?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
22 seems mighty good if you ask me.

Perhaps your right foot is just a little happier on the highway now that you're FI?

Maybe your tune could be tweaked a bit for light throttle/highway driving.

Paul.

Established Member
How is that even possible? My average naturally aspirated fuel mileage was 17.150 over 30,000 miles. My average supercharged fuel mileage is 14.074 over the last ~3000 miles. Do you just never floor it? All highway driving? How are you measuring fuel mileage?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol ur complaining at 22 mpg! really? shit, I got 14 mpg with my TVS. far better with my Turbo set-up but I'm maybe 17 mpg now as long as I stay out of it. otherwise like 12 mpg!

and to be honest I really don't see how 22 mpg is even possible especially with an F1 but I've never had one so I really can't say but that sounds way off. maybe 19 mpg on ur best day cruising at 50 mph down the hi-way on a flat hi way with no cross-wind in perfect temps.... and that even seems like a stretch!

with my TVS if I went REALLY slow I maybe got 18 mpg. forget 22 mpg thats a wet dream imo.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
How is that even possible? My average naturally aspirated fuel mileage was 17.150 over 30,000 miles. My average supercharged fuel mileage is 14.074 over the last ~3000 miles. Do you just never floor it? All highway driving? How are you measuring fuel mileage?

I was measuring by resetting the avg fuel economy while on the highway and then driving just on the highway (just cruising, not flooring it) for some time. I know its not the most accurate method as the computer can be off by a few mpg and I should probably check manually to verify.

22k is insanely good for FI

I asked Lund about it and he said 22 was good highway mileage too so I guess it is what it is.

Zemedici

Established Member
I was measuring by resetting the avg fuel economy while on the highway and then driving just on the highway (just cruising, not flooring it) for some time. I know its not the most accurate method as the computer can be off by a few mpg and I should probably check manually to verify.

I asked Lund about it and he said 22 was good highway mileage too so I guess it is what it is.

Yessir, you gotta remember. You have injectors that flow MORE fuel, make MORE power (power comes from fuel, right?), etc etc.

Hell, my car gets 8-9 mpg, wanna trade? hahahaha

And the best way to calculate mileage is the old fashioned way, mileage you get out of a tank divided by amount of gas used.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well, the way ur reseting it its FAR from accurate. u will be off at least 5 mpg doing that so the 22 makes sense now.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I have gotten 25 mpg on the highway in my stock '14 GT TP (3.73's). But around town I'm about 15.5 mpg. Could it be the seasonal change in blend mix of the gas. My mpg always drops when the winter mix is sold.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Shoot... Mine is about 14.5 on the highway and as little as 8.x around town. Fueling up about 150 to 180 miles per tank.

I haven't seen 20+ mpg since I owned a turbo Jetta.

Paul.

Established Member
Okay, that makes more sense. I'm sure the computer readout isn't even close to accurate with huge injectors, BAP, etc. My calculations are based on total fuel in and total miles driven.

Paul.

nxhappy

Established Member
"only" 22 LMFAO you should be happy and considered blessed !!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You trust the cluster? that's NOT how you measure fuel mileage, you divide the number of gallons you put in with the # on the odometer. My cluster says my fuel economy is 15 when it actually gets 17.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I guess I will have to measure my fuel economy the old fashioned way then since the consensus is that the computer fuel economy isn't accurate.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Depends on rear gear also guys. 3.73's will obviously be worse than 3.31's. I can still get 21 with my BOSS with 3.73's. Was much better stock, but I'm not complaining.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Today, I took my GT500 out for a spin with the Mrs. Looking at the DTE reminded me of this thread, so I popped a couple pictures.

A tad above 1/2 tank left. 86 miles to empty. Average 10.8 MPG... which is pretty good for me. LOL

SVT_MPG_1.jpg

SVT_MPG_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread