Supercharger Porting

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
posi, I already PMd you but would you just recommend a ported stock throttle body and elbow for the ported blower or would a 65mm dual TB and VMP elbow net more gains? it's like 900-1k for those two parts but I'm not sure the whp gains over ported stock pieces would be worth it.....

Invest the money in a dual 65mm Cobra Jet TB. Gains will be much better.

soflastang

Banned
Race Ported Blower-----$500

Ported stock tb/elbow combo-----$80

I/W 10% or 15%-------$647.50 shipped in Cont. USA.

Nobody spends as much time on porting Eaton's as we do.:beer:

The forum won't let me send a PM so I guess this is as good of a place as any.

I currently have

Upper
Intake
Tune
Long Tubes
HE
One Piece DS

Do you think that if I did blower port, elbow/tb port, and 10% lower that I would have enough power to hit 10s on a moderate drag radial like the NT05R?

Black Sex

Established Member

I currently have

Upper
Intake
Tune
Long Tubes
HE
One Piece DS

Do you think that if I did blower port, elbow/tb port, and 10% lower that I would have enough power to hit 10s on a moderate drag radial like the NT05R?

Im curious as to what you're running now?

soflastang

Banned
Im curious as to what you're running now?

My best is 11.65 at 123 with a 1.95 60'. I just swapped out the springs for drag springs so I think that a 1.70 60 and 11.3 is possible. I'm hoping that with decent tires (right now I have 555's) I can push it very close to the 11.1-2 range

Black Sex

Established Member
My best is 11.65 at 123 with a 1.95 60'. I just swapped out the springs for drag springs so I think that a 1.70 60 and 11.3 is possible. I'm hoping that with decent tires (right now I have 555's) I can push it very close to the 11.1-2 range

If you get your 60` down to 1.6x you should see 10s. Approx every tenth you take off your 60 should equate to 2 tenths in the 1/4

Last edited:

soflastang

Banned
If you get your 60` down to 1.6x you should see 10s. Approx every tenth you take off your 60 should equate to 2 tenths in the 1/4

I know that is the rule, but I'm not sure how well it will follow for my car. The thing is that my car hooks hard at the top of first even though I'm rolling off of the line slowly. I think that the tenth rule is usually for people who are having high 60's because they are spinning at first. however, if the rule holds I will be very happily surprised.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Invest the money in a dual 65mm Cobra Jet TB. Gains will be much better.
Troy, there is solid evidence out there that this may not be necessarily true, depending on the setup. Most all Eaton M-122 setups will benefit pretty much equally with a ported stocker than with aftermarket according to some solid pre-post dyno testing done at Blankenship Performance.

That's probably a little high Killer..... Generally going to get one second improvement in 60' equating to 1.3 to 1.5 in 1/4 mile ET with all else being equal. :beer:

kent1

Established Member

I currently have

Upper
Intake
Tune
Long Tubes
HE
One Piece DS

Absolutely! You will be 600 plus horsepower and torque. It is all in you sixty foot and shifting as high as you can in RPM range. The other day I ran 11.25 with 125.55 MPH but my sixty was only 1.883. I am running M/T drag radials and just lowered control arms. If I could get a lowered sixty I would run low elevens or high tens. So yes you get it done with that setup.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Troy, there is solid evidence out there that this may not be necessarily true, depending on the setup. Most all Eaton M-122 setups will benefit pretty much equally with a ported stocker than with aftermarket according to some solid pre-post dyno testing done at Blankenship Performance.

I can see that being true with some setups. There will be a plateau reached with cfm air flow where the dual 60/60 ported stocker won't be able to flow any more. It will become a choke point, at what point is the question. I'm very interested in reading about the results from Blankenship. I love to learn more.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
posi, I already PMd you but would you just recommend a ported stock throttle body and elbow for the ported blower or would a 65mm dual TB and VMP elbow net more gains? it's like 900-1k for those two parts but I'm not sure the whp gains over ported stock pieces would be worth it.....

If you're going to run that really aggressive pulley combo then without testing and just a hunch upgrading the elbow and throttle body could show gains. I'm leaning towards it making more hp but it just needs to be proven on a dyno with same day testing.

@ posi on your website you have 3 px numbers listed. Which one is the best to call?

If you want to reach me then the best number is 502-222-0488. Thanks.

I currently have

Upper
Intake
Tune
Long Tubes
HE
One Piece DS

You would easily have enough power after a port and with a lower that's for sure. Just gotta get the 60's down.

I can see that being true with some setups. There will be a plateau reached with cfm air flow where the dual 60/60 ported stocker won't be able to flow any more. It will become a choke point, at what point is the question. I'm very interested in reading about the results from Blankenship. I love to learn more.

Things like this is what I figured out on the dyno for my 2004 Cobra with same day testing, car staying strapped down, and each run with the same coolant temps. That's the best way in my opinion you can check things. Sure the track does great but you cannot beat same day testing in a controlled environment.:beer:

My Tuner and I have always had fun testing and retesting on his dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread