Supercharger Removal

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
I looked at the supercharger removal and install and spark plug "How to's" but the links still don't work. I'm going to be doing my plugs and coils this weekend (I have 4 misfiring, so might as well replace them all) and was thinking about taking the supercharger off to make it easier to get at and see if any oil is caked to the intercooler.

The major question I have is do I have to drain the coolant before I take the supercharger off? I am thinking that you do but I want to check first.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if memory serves - to remove the supercharger, no. If you have to remove the intercooler to clean it, yes

Black 2000

Boss Hoss
Established Member
I looked at the supercharger removal and install and spark plug "How to's" but the links still don't work. I'm going to be doing my plugs and coils this weekend (I have 4 misfiring, so might as well replace them all) and was thinking about taking the supercharger off to make it easier to get at and see if any oil is caked to the intercooler.

The major question I have is do I have to drain the coolant before I take the supercharger off? I am thinking that you do but I want to check first.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

http://www.lightningrodder.com/foru...excerpts-mportetr-all-how-tos-one-thread.html

Most of the pics are still present.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
they get stuck to the midplate over time, first time I worked on my truck it was the same. A buddy put a 2x4 under the blower pulley and leveraged it off the radiator support or something like that to pop it loose

Dusten

Established Member
they get stuck to the midplate over time, first time I worked on my truck it was the same. A buddy put a 2x4 under the blower pulley and leveraged it off the radiator support or something like that to pop it loose
Pretty much. Just pry on the snout

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
2x4 worked wonders thank you! Looks like I've got some cleaning to do.

SUPER.jpg

SUPER1.jpg

SUPER2.jpg

Definitely could be worse so I'm happy with that.

Any recommendations for a good cleaner and oil separator?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
glad ya got it loose - remember not to separate the midplate from the intercooler, theyre one time use bolts.

My intercooler wasnt that bad but I just filled a bucket with purple power and left it in there for a few hours, came out like new.

I liked the L&S separator because you didnt have to screw with it, it drained right back into the oil fill cap. Not the best looking but it worked and was easy

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
This is what was waiting for me under the intercooler.

SUPER3.jpg

Here she is all cleaned up and ready for the sunshine and cruising.

NICOLE%20CLEAN.jpg

I unfortunately did not get any pics of after the cleaning. I was beyond irritated dealing with the plugs and coils and running around so I forgot to take pics after.

Users who are viewing this thread