Superchargers..

Screamin'SVT

Banned
My dad is looking at getting an '05 GT, but he wants to slap a blower on it as soon as he gets it. Does anyone have any kits out yet or anything coming out soon? I think he's looking more into a twin-screw type over a centrifugal.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Whipple is the way.

Steeda says they're working with them on an offering in about 60 days, so I'm planning on 90 days (I'm waiting on a convertible anyway). They say 50% increase in hp, and special computer tuning to cover all the issues, throttle by wire, etc. Whipple's a twin screw & the target is 8psi.

stock + Steeda tuned headers & full exhaust & underdrives = 325hp (easy) + Whipple @ 50% increase = 475-500hp or about 400-425rwhp. With the solid axle & a little suspension work .. woohoo.

I'm doing 432rwhp now so I know that's the power level I want & this is the way to get there within the next 4 months (barring any delays from Whipple et al).

Dave.

valdo's toy

Established Member
425whp, woohoo, with stock internals, I'd like to see that running a high speed run at the highway with a really fast car (TT/Porsche, Modded Z-06, Supra) or 425whp at a Road Course for 30 minutes or so, but again, wohoo for spending 5k or probaby more on a supercharger kit for a car that has a very weak engine (internaly speaking) and a new technology unknown to everyone, even after they have a lot of info of the factory settings on it. Love the car but not it's power friendly refinemints, still going to wait for a version as tough and mod friendly and $$ accessible as the present Cobras, just my .02 cents.

tommygun

Established Member
ATI has a kit they are going to show at SEMA, only downfall so far is tuning the 05. I dont think anyone has cracked the tuning issue

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Originally posted by valdo's toy
425whp, woohoo, with stock internals, I'd like to see that running a high speed run at the highway with a really fast car (TT/Porsche, Modded Z-06, Supra) or 425whp at a Road Course for 30 minutes or so, but again, wohoo for spending 5k or probaby more on a supercharger kit for a car that has a very weak engine (internaly speaking) and a new technology unknown to everyone, even after they have a lot of info of the factory settings on it. Love the car but not it's power friendly refinemints, still going to wait for a version as tough and mod friendly and $$ accessible as the present Cobras, just my .02 cents.

True, there are going to be some tuning issues with the new car and of course it isn't going to be as strong as a Cobra motor, but take a look at the regular 2v 4.6. The 2v isn't any stronger than the new 3v, and the 2v responds very well to superchargers.. there are plenty of 425-450whp blown GTs running around on stock internals, and they have been doing so for some time. Once the DBW and other tuning issues are taken care of, I wouldn't expect any less out of the 3v.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Why the poo poo on the woohoo? ;-)

Get ready for a lot of "Found On Roadside Dead" Saleen's, Steeda's, and others if you're right.

When I got my '87 they said now chargin due to the speed density & the compression .. paleez, chargers, turbos ..

When the 4.6 came out, predicitons of the end of modsville, umm, nope.

When the terminator came .. oh no it's supercharged, we want N.A. so we can add charger, this sucks, then it was why invest in swapping the blowers that's dumb, to now WHIPPLE-ize!!

With something new there's doubt, but where there's money to be made, there's a way to 'git er done'.

Besides, we're jus speculating, it'll be neat to watch & see.

Screamin - haven't decided yet .. I LOVE my 03, as you can see I'm on my 5th stang since '87 & this one is my favorite big time, I'm trying to see how I could keep it & get an 05. But, that'll be tough, I have a few months to work on it & dream about it. Good luck to you & your Dad - this new stang is very cool .. it's fun to have some excitement out there.

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Screamin SVT,
Here's a picture of our 05' Mustang kit, it will be at SEMA, in the Ford booth. It has a 4" thick intercooler, 2.3 supercharger, large MAF, cold air intake, increased dia. tubing, etc.

Thanks,
Dustin
05+Stang+polished+small.jpg

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Whipp, no pic .. please try again, I'd love to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread