Suspension Help!!!

Reaper6193

Established Member
Hey guys, so yesterday I just did my TOK D spec struts, shocks, and cobra springs front and rear. I know the drop is suppose to be 1.9in in the front and then 2.5in the back well I put it down off of the lift yesterday and immediate 1.5 drop in the front so I figured the other will come after settling, the rear however only dropped a in in total. I adjusted the struts and shocks for the weight transfer needed for my Saturday rave event and tmmrw I put on my adjustable panhard bar. When will the rear finish dropping if any? Thanks for the help

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
what model # on the CJ Springs?

IIRC there were some early ones that only dropped the rear 1-1.25"

Reaper6193

Established Member
M5300-Q I believe I bought them straight from American muscle, I'm starting to believe I might have put them in upside down but I doubt it cuz I'm sure it would have known right away right?

Reaper6193

Established Member
Well that's cool and like I said I believe the part number is M5300-RA which is the 2013 and rest drop of 2.5in, so my question again what did I do wrong to only get a 1in drop?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
M5300-Q I believe I bought them straight from American muscle, I'm starting to believe I might have put them in upside down but I doubt it cuz I'm sure it would have known right away right?

Well that's cool and like I said I believe the part number is M5300-RA which is the 2013 and rest drop of 2.5in, so my question again what did I do wrong to only get a 1in drop?

638572.jpg

Reaper6193

Established Member
No I put believe in the first one cuz I was unsure til I looked at my springs so I didn't look like a hacksaw for being wrong then I came back and told u I was wrong and the right part number was the one off the spring which is the 13 model springs not the 08, now past all the bs and drama bout this, y hasn't the car come down the stated 2.5in and only dropped the 1in what did I do wrong or what am I missing?

niceguyyy01

Established Member
If the spring is in correctly, which I think it only goes one way, then your only option is cutting the spring or getting different springs. Start small on cutting them and see what you get. The panhard only adjust side to side, not ride height. Maybe the 13's are heavier in the rear or have more of the weight bias towards the rear, making a lower drop on them then on the older models???

Reaper6193

Established Member
They said it takes 300 miles to see the complete lower, thanks for the advice buddy kind words

niceguyyy01

Established Member
They said it takes 300 miles to see the complete lower, thanks for the advice buddy kind words

No problem, but you're probably still gonna have to either cut them or change them.... I've never seen springs settle 1.5". At most I've seen a 1/4".

samcrac

Established Member
Agreed. Last time I messed with springs car lowered within 1/4 inch of what the springs advertised and didn't move after. You're not going to get a 1"+ out of waiting around. Sometimes springs can fit either way, but again, flipping them around is not going to change the ride height. You obviously got/ordered/somethinged the wrong springs. It is tough to tell because of the info you are writing here...

And BTW, I would check into EXCHANGING your springs for what you wanted before you start cutting them. Cutting springs with little experience can really be trouble and you can buy so many different types/size drop styles that you want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread