Suspension install, any tips?

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Hey guys,

I am almost ready to install some components that I've acquired on my '94 Cobra and I was hoping that you may share some real-world experience to save me some time and make my install a bit easier.

The vehicle already has the Eibach Pro-Kit springs with front and rear anti-roll bars and Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plates installed.

I will be installing:

Koni Yellow S/A shocks & struts (just waiting on these)
03/04 Cobra A-Arms with new bushings and MOOG balljoints already pressed in.
Steeda outer tie-rods (the "bumpsteer" kit).

Everything seems pretty straight-forward, and I know I will need an alignment after but I've only ever replaced springs with the help of a friend years ago. I'm assuming that the hardest part of the job might be breaking some bolts loose on the control arms and carefully removing the springs so I don't kill myself. Aside from that, do you guys have any tips/advice? I also can't seem to find torque specs for the different components. The tie-rods and shocks/struts should have the specs in the directions (i'm assuming) but I'm unsure about the control arms.

Any input or links to how-to articles that may assist me would be great!

Thanks!

wmfateam

Established Member
I know Maximum Motorsports has great write ups in their install section. I believe late model restoration or cj pony parts has a video on replacing front control arms.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'll definitely be taking a look. My friend suggested hitting all the bolts with a shit load of PB Blaster the night before I do the install so I'll add that to my list of tips.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Roll your rear fender! Lol

Haha I sure hope I don't have to - the tires are going on next week. There are people running 295's with 18" wheels on the rear without having to roll their fenders. I hope I fit in to that bunch :eek:

laddanator

Established Member
I love the lowered look of these cars but what a pain lowering them can be as well.

Can't get the damn jack under the car anymore. Can't pull the car on ramps anymore without scraping the bumper. SMH! :)

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
All ya need are a couple pieces of wood to drive up on and you're set!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Haha my last car had coilovers I needed to nail together a long low profile wood ramp to drive it up on to get that bitch underneath. When I took it to get it tuned it was a feat of engineering to see the tuner figure out how to get it up on their dyno lol.

laddanator

Established Member
Haha my last car had coilovers I needed to nail together a long low profile wood ramp to drive it up on to get that bitch underneath. When I took it to get it tuned it was a feat of engineering to see the tuner figure out how to get it up on their dyno lol.

I tell you what sucks about mine as well. My previous Cobra had the stock K member so I could get a jack under it to jack it up and slide the ramps under it. My new Cobra has an after market K member and no where to put a jack center front! smh

Do you have pics of your lumber ramp setup?

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I do - but whether or not I know how to use it... Well that's waiting to be determined lol

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Can you just have a jacking plate welded to your K-Member?

Users who are viewing this thread