Suspension mods...

Fudge

Established Member
Hey guys I'm looking ringer my mustang to hook up a little better off the line, so replaced the crappy 235 factory tires with 255s (for now... The tires came with the wheels, once they die we'll go 275) and bought (not installed yet) Steeda untra lite springs, Whiteline LCAs and Whiteline relocation brackets... From there I'm not sure where to go....
I'm seeing replace the UCA and I see people say sing you don't need to, same goes with the panhard bar....
I for the most part do street and strip with it (fit now would love to get into some road track and auto cross)

Any input would be great, I'm eventually gonna do the WHOLE suspension, but if I can save some $$ for other things that would be great!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Immediates would be springs, adjustable struts and shocks, adjustable PHB, LCAs, and relo brackets. The UCA can wait for now.

I wouldn't go any wider than a 255 on those factory wheels. Just because a larger wheel will fit, that doesn't mean all of that 275 will contact the road, and you will actually end up with less contact area than a 255.

Fudge

Established Member
Immediates would be springs, adjustable struts and shocks, adjustable PHB, LCAs, and relo brackets. The UCA can wait for now.

I wouldn't go any wider than a 255 on those factory wheels. Just because a larger wheel will fit, that doesn't mean all of that 275 will contact the road, and you will actually end up with less contact area than a 255.

Ok... Thank you!
The wheels were replaced with Brembo package wheels.
Also what struts would you recommend?

Fudge

Established Member
Hey guys I also need some camber/ Caster plates, preferably cheap but adjustable (until I go coil over)

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Hey guys I also need some camber/ Caster plates, preferably cheap but adjustable (until I go coil over)

Steeda and maximum motorsports ones are nice. But why get them if you will only be doing street/strip?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Ok... Thank you!

The wheels were replaced with Brembo package wheels.

Also what struts would you recommend?

You can fit a 275 on the factory Brembo wheels. So you are good there.

Koni Yellows or Tokico D-Specs for a budget build. If you want good struts, contact Vorshlag Motorsports for their Bilstein setup.

Vorshlag, Ground Control, Steeda, or Maximum Motorsports. CC plates aren't cheap, and you will use those with coil overs too.

Users who are viewing this thread