Suspension questions

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
I am thinking of lowering the L but the inexpensive kits say only 2" in the rear and 1" in the front I want to keep this low budget any ideas on what is good and inexpensive?, also wanting to buy the LFP 58" traction bars what does everyone think? what can I get for under 300 dollars for the lowering? and what is the 2/3 setup I cant find one listing the drop I want.

203Cree

Established Member
You had better check and make sure that the kit will work on an L first. They come 2 in. in the front and 1.5 in. in the rear lower than a F150 stock. So if the kit is a 2/3 or whatever, and it's for a F150, you'll end up with just a 1 in. in the rear. Follow? Under 300 might be a challenge. Check out www.stylinconcepts.com. They've got Belltech and DJM kits for pretty good prices. Good luck.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Cheapest way to go, cut a coil off the front springs for @ 2" drop. Remove a leaf or two from the rear springs (depending on the year of your truck) and 2" shackles for @3.5-4.5" drop. Total cost-if you can do the work yourself or have a buddy help-less than 150 including realignment.

OH-MAN

Established Member
ID 10 T said:
Cheapest way to go, cut a coil off the front springs for @ 2" drop. Remove a leaf or two from the rear springs (depending on the year of your truck) and 2" shackles for @3.5-4.5" drop. Total cost-if you can do the work yourself or have a buddy help-less than 150 including realignment.

This is the least expensive way.
There are lots of others but you need to deceide what you want to achieve with it. Handling or a nice dropped look. It only takes more money and a little time under the truck.

I can also put a kit together that includes;
Hotchkis front coils (1.5") and Bell-Tech 2" drop shackles. Same price.........$199.00
The Hotchkis are not progressive like the Eibach. Will not sag. Are not as soft on top like the Eibach.

Users who are viewing this thread