SVTP Exclusive :: SVT's Shelby GT500 Mustang Takes on the Nürburgring

xenodragon

Established Member
We might as well be arguing about whose car is quicker to the moon and back. None of us will have any of these cars on the Ring....so who cares? They are all great performers and would be happy to have either of the cars. While I am 100% die hard Ford fan, I am happy that Chevy has come up with some better competition for the GT500...competition is what makes companies come up with better and better cars.

I am excited for the 2015 GT500 with the Trinity engine in a much lighter car, that will be an amazing car IMO.

gearhead08

Established Member
Of Course, but not by Cushman. Cushman has been sold many times over.

Racing is like sex. Drag racing is over fast like Shelby guys having sex, were road racing, that takes longer. My 87 year old mother in law can drive in a straight line.

You guys keep telling me "Yes sir can I have another"

But since you brought up straight lines

I know of two worked over Supercharged Mustangs (a Saleen and a Roush) that got an ass whippin' by a ZL1. Both had more cams, boost and valves than me.:pop: Hold on, I need to get another Coke for the rest of my popcorn.

congratulations and we can tell you of the ZL1's that got worked over by bolt on 5.0's gosh you sound like your in high school

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The key takeaway from this video AGAIN needs to be that Ford has not been and is not in the business of marketing Ring times. GM uses pretty much meaningless Ring times as an essential tool in their marketing plan. It's that simple, and they do it with many of their cars.

GM gets all hillbilly bully with the "Oh yeah???? Well you won't tell us your Ring time because you doesn't has a Ring time that beats our Ring time that we has!" Ford doesn't respond because letting Cletus J. Oppenheiser engage in a one-way cafeteria fistfight is a more effective sales tool than any Ring time could ever be. This is despite the fact they exceeded the time a long time ago. The same way Ford said nothing when they knew they had an embarrassingly large performance margin in straight line speed over ZL1, they said nothing about any Ring times.

The ZL1 is a fine car, and one that is very fast on a road course. But the reality is their Holy Grail Ring time means very little to consumers, and that is why ZL1 has incentive cash offers on it. Ford, on the other hand, has no such problem with GT500, quicker Ring time or not.

Last edited:

jp2134

Established Member
I'm going to dive in to this "argument"....
I'm a big fan of ALL performance cars, owner of 2 trans ams and now on my 2nd stang, and a possibility of a ricer....
GM has made great strides in the suspension department. If anyone has driven a magnetic ride, it speaks for itself. Ford has made leaps and bounds improvement under the hood. With that said, i'll make a point that has nothing to do with this....
Even though GM is skimming some time, the last few minutes of the Camaro (Z06...Z/28) it was raining pretty good. I think that time could be much lower. Only 150 on the straight??? I think its good for more that that.

Now only if Ford will bring back the GT, put back seats in it, call it the new Cobra, and wreck GM's day....

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Of Course, but not by Cushman. Cushman has been sold many times over.

Racing is like sex. Drag racing is over fast like Shelby guys having sex, were road racing, that takes longer. My 87 year old mother in law can drive in a straight line.

You guys keep telling me "Yes sir can I have another"

But since you brought up straight lines

I know of two worked over Supercharged Mustangs (a Saleen and a Roush) that got an ass whippin' by a ZL1. Both had more cams, boost and valves than me.:pop: Hold on, I need to get another Coke for the rest of my popcorn.

How's it feel to know your dumb ass spent $60k on a ****ing Camaro, only to have GM release a faster and cooler Camaro only a year later?

:lol:

That's cool you get off on beating cars that cost a fraction of yours, but if I'm going to spend that kind of scratch, I'm going to get a genuinely fast car and step up to the big boy pants Z06.

Around here, a bolt on 5.0 is faster than a stock ZL1 anyway. I'd be pissed if I spent that much on a car only to get beat by a lowly 5.0 with a couple grand in bolt ons.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
You guys will never change:banana:

That thing handles like a dump truck. Are you guys and Ford that proud that this car that is somewhat lighter than a ZL1 and has 82 more horsepower is 1 second faster than the ZL1 over roughly 8 miles of track.:read: Maybe that's why Ford never "Officially" posted anything!:loser:
In reality, Chevy is no better :shrug: When a 2 seater light sports car with a big engine and S/C has a hard time beating (or loosing in some cases) a TT V6 that weights almost 4K lbs, that doesnt look good either.

If the Shelby was able to do that with an older suspension, imagine what it'll do with an IRS with a magnetic ride control suspension.

91svtbird

Established Member
Nice thread Sid, thanks for taking the time to do the side by side comparo. Makes for a very interesting on track look at the competition's best vs the 13-14 Gt500. Can't wait to see how Ford's next gen GT350 does on this track (and others) vs the lightweight Z28. I suspect it will raise the bar even further.

hognutz

Established Member
5th Gen camero fans are going to have a stroke!! LMAO

why??? it't not like it was 7:20 or something earth shattering. 5k extra gets you a 2 second quicker car around a 7 mile track in a different country. seem like in the world of you get what you pay for all is well to me.

If the TP/PP car would have been 55k like my Zl1 I would have bought it instead.

then again I like both cars always have. they both do very well for a 4 seater.

Kewlv8

Established Member
why??? it't not like it was 7:20 or something earth shattering. 5k extra gets you a 2 second quicker car around a 7 mile track in a different country. seem like in the world of you get what you pay for all is well to me.

If the TP/PP car would have been 55k like my Zl1 I would have bought it instead.

4854949832_good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_11_xlarge.jpeg

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

But its "ZL1 world shattering" considering thats what 99% of its fruit loop ass owners resorted to when anyone brought up a GT500. It was Ring this Ring that. Ford wont release times cause the ZL1 kicked its ass around the Riiiing!

Its the one and only thing those azz clowns could hang their hat on and now that shit is exploding in their face.

Now let the butthurt flow, excuses fly, & threads get deleted on Communist5...

Its already happening...

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Its funny when the ZL1 was first announced there were ZL1 vs GT500 threads everywhere, that lived on.

Then the 13 GT500 was announced & new/old threads started getting deleted.

News broke that both were testing at the Ring. GM released numbers in a chest thumping manner and Ford was silent. Threads popped up and lived for the most part.

Both cars are released and dyno/track numbers started rolling out. Any thread regarding the GT500's superiority were deleted.

Any thread about road course shit would live.

Nooowww even the beloved "Ring" threads are getting deleted. Oh the irony!

Last edited:

corruptor

Established Member
I don't think anyone put a gun to Ford's head to put smaller times on it, That's Ford great engineer.

So the ZL1 makes 82 Horsepower less with 1 camshaft, (For you Shelby guys that's 3 cams less than yours) and only 16 valves (once again 16 less than a Shelby) in a smaller engine package with less boost. And Chevy engineers can get it to pass emmisions with one cam. A cam change can be made without taking the intake off, and I only need to buy one cam... I am good with that. Oh though in Ford's favor the ZL1 is 8/10ths of a liter bigger!:beer:

Isn't it the slightest bit ironic that you're calling Ford out for knowingly putting shitty tires on the GT500 (poor engineering in your words) while GM continues to use a pre-historic engine design? How much better would the LS be if it wasn't handcuffed by being so outdated? :cryying:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
The butt hurt by the crapmaro nutswingers is so evident in this thread. :pop:

Last edited:

Agent504

Established Member

Take your ass whooping like a man...

Users who are viewing this thread