SVTP Exclusive :: SVT's Shelby GT500 Mustang Takes on the Nürburgring

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
One thing I just thought of if you're looking for the official start/stop points for the Ring is to maybe go check out where Gran Turismo or Forza has it at. They may be video games but they are pretty adamant about getting every little piece right, especially on the Ring.

The only question I have Travis is: you started the timer at the forward mark right before the first turn which I know to be correct, but isn't the finish there also? You ended the timer right after the last turn which is like 50-100ft before the start point. That's actually what I specifically remember from playing Gran Turismo so that kind of calls into question what they produce, but they have quite a bit of experience on this track with how much they study it. Aside from that I'm sure there's plenty of other sources but I think that's why there's so much controversy over Ring times.

I like that Ford tests there but doesn't advertise with it. As of lately Posrsche has veered away from pushing their times because it's been so overhyped. It used to be one of their things but then everyone joined in and Chevy raped any validity it ever had for their own marketing so Porsche has steered away and Ford just stayed away. It's sort of a hipster mentality but it's the truth. Chevy brags they are the fastest while the other manufactures know even if they have the fastest time it will only be short lived because there will be something better and faster, so when that time comes they're going to name your car as the car that was dethroned which equals bad press. Let GM play in their own little world and just keep your shit on the downlow and let the cars speak for themselves at the track.

The only reason the hypercars use the Ring still is because no one can play on their level and the cars are so highly engineered and unique that no fudging needs to be done. Regardless of Ring times people will still buy the P1, La Ferrari, 918, Huyra, and Koenigseggs. The times are posted for the sole reason that these cars are the pinnacle of engineering.

I based the start and stop points off the Chevy vids and talking to people who have been to that track for runs.

Sid, any idea on Boss 302 LS times?

Nope.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Very nice work, thanks for the video! I'd love to know what tires were on the GT500 because they didn't seem/sound like they were race tires to me. If true, that makes that time even more impressive! :beer:

Laloosh

Established Member
Why is this such a shock? It's clear the gt500 made up all the ground on the massive power sections of the track.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
very nice. of course denial 5 with post up that the car is

modded
Ringer
Both of the above
Video is fake...

All they have for the ZL1 is a ring time to hold on to, and the z/28 is already beating that...But of course they will say that they have the z/28 now as the GT500 killer....lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Travis...you've done well here. Somebody wanted that one to slip out and I'm quite sure there are a number of people at SVT/Ford grinning ear to ear at what you've done with it, as much as this battle has passed.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

ON EDIT:

Holy smokes! I've never seen a linkBack list get so long so fast! Too bad everyone else can't see it.

Currently showing 11 members viewing and 140 guests...

:)

CaDDy

Banned
Thanks for getting this video to us!

I was on the edge of my seat during some of those turns. That guy was driving the hell out of that GT500. I'm no pro driver, but it is amazing the speed he carried through that whole course.

raustin0017

Established Member
Both cars have muscle and are very even. According to the official times on this web site...the ZL-1 comes in at 7:41.27, Z/28 comes in at 7:37.47 and the home page of SVTP video shows the GT500 finishing at 7:39.28.

Top 100 Lap Records | Nürburgring Lap Times

Wish Ford would post an official time at the Ring and be listed along with the other outstanding cars on the list.

laruei

Established Member
Any chance you can send your contact at ford this link and say... the people want an official time!

:beer:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Thank you SID, I told you all the GT500 mules were running 7:30-7:40.

I am enjoying the squirming and whining on Camaro5. Of course, your "added" stopwatch isn't as accurate as Team Camaro's... Even though their stopwatch is wrong as well...

Lots of damage to Team Camaro's credibility and reputation. Equally damaging to the z28 and ZL1's marketing plan. Which is 90% Nurburgring lap time based... I busted them sandbagging the '13 GT500 at Milford during a z28 media ride along.

No credibility and a bad reputation...

Edit: The excuses over there are getting pretty imaginative... Literally all the things I called the ZL1 and z28 out for is now the basis for their argument (They don't really have an argument anymore).

Last edited:

mustangletback

Established Member
nice work,it is a fact that Garbage Motors use ringer car numbers to try to sell their sports cars.even people on camaro5 was talking about the zl1 wasnt as fast as Government Motors was saying it was.

SVTKen

Established Member
Awesome video, and that Shelby has the same color/stripe combo as my car. Obviously the color had something to do with that impressive lap time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread