SVTP Exclusive :: SVT's Shelby GT500 Mustang Takes on the Nürburgring

Kewlv8

Established Member
No excuses just fact. Again Nobody forced Ford to put a poor suspension design in the car.

You all so so easy to get you undee's in a knot, it's so entertaining.

better than Youtube.

Go posih your shrine to carrol Shelby, I know you have one, right?

You tell 'em Grandpa. Keep sucking that GM nutsack...... :loser:

:nono:

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Of Course, but not by Cushman. Cushman has been sold many times over.

Racing is like sex. Drag racing is over fast like Shelby guys having sex, were road racing, that takes longer. My 87 year old mother in law can drive in a straight line.

You guys keep telling me "Yes sir can I have another"

But since you brought up straight lines

I know of two worked over Supercharged Mustangs (a Saleen and a Roush) that got an ass whippin' by a ZL1. Both had more cams, boost and valves than me.:pop: Hold on, I need to get another Coke for the rest of my popcorn.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Regardless of the time I was a bit surprised to see how well it handles in the vid. I thought it would have been a lot more wiggly.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
You guys will never change:banana:

That thing handles like a dump truck. Are you guys and Ford that proud that this car that is somewhat lighter than a ZL1 and has 82 more horsepower is 1 second faster than the ZL1 over roughly 8 miles of track.:read: Maybe that's why Ford never "Officially" posted anything!:loser:

Moreover, that dump truck is 3 seconds slower than a car roughly the same weight (the Z/28) and 157 horsepower less! WTF "Rough calculation" and your added lap timer that starts over 3 minutes into the video and you are commenting about a possible 4/10 of a second on Chevy's part?.:bash: Really! :whine::whine::cryying::cryying:

You all started using the President's Press secretary, right.

So the ZL1 makes 82 Horsepower less with 1 camshaft, (For you Shelby guys that's 3 cams less than yours) and only 16 valves (once again 16 less than a Shelby) in a smaller engine package with less boost. And Chevy engineers can get it to pass emmisions with one cam. A cam change can be made without taking the intake off, and I only need to buy one cam... I am good with that. Oh though in Ford's favor the ZL1 is 8/10ths of a liter bigger!:beer:

It's not even winter yet and you all have cabin fever.

How about that new Mustang that's coming.. Looks just Fusion or anything else Ford makes now.

Now what I want to know is which engineer decided it was a Good idea for the Focus engine harmonic balance not to have a key way in it and the crank shaft. Yeah that's right, the balancer times the cams some when balancer moves, slips, because of a minor collision or any other reason, BANG you need an engine because the valves hit the pistons.:loser:

Will that engineer stand up!

:dancenana:

:burnout:

this might be the most impressive application of ricer logic I've ever seen.

Poppacapp

Established Member
You guys will never change:banana:

That thing handles like a dump truck. Are you guys and Ford that proud that this car that is somewhat lighter than a ZL1 and has 82 more horsepower is 1 second faster than the ZL1 over roughly 8 miles of track.:read: Maybe that's why Ford never "Officially" posted anything!:loser:

Moreover, that dump truck is 3 seconds slower than a car roughly the same weight (the Z/28) and 157 horsepower less! WTF "Rough calculation" and your added lap timer that starts over 3 minutes into the video and you are commenting about a possible 4/10 of a second on Chevy's part?.:bash: Really! :whine::whine::cryying::cryying:

You all started using the President's Press secretary, right.

So the ZL1 makes 82 Horsepower less with 1 camshaft, (For you Shelby guys that's 3 cams less than yours) and only 16 valves (once again 16 less than a Shelby) in a smaller engine package with less boost. And Chevy engineers can get it to pass emmisions with one cam. A cam change can be made without taking the intake off, and I only need to buy one cam... I am good with that. Oh though in Ford's favor the ZL1 is 8/10ths of a liter bigger!:beer:

It's not even winter yet and you all have cabin fever.

How about that new Mustang that's coming.. Looks just Fusion or anything else Ford makes now.

Now what I want to know is which engineer decided it was a Good idea for the Focus engine harmonic balance not to have a key way in it and the crank shaft. Yeah that's right, the balancer times the cams some when balancer moves, slips, because of a minor collision or any other reason, BANG you need an engine because the valves hit the pistons.:loser:

Will that engineer stand up!

:dancenana:

:burnout:

I.... sense.... butthurt..... :cryying:

Because... you know why??? The precious 5th gens will see taillights where it counts. You boys try to cling to anything you can to justify the failness of the 5th gens.... :nonono:

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
Here is the Thing you guys are missing.

it does not matter what times are at the ring. they are all on differnt days and different drivers. The Z/28 time wasin the friggin' rain toward the end, you idiots never mentioned that

There is no excuse, I would walk before I drive another Ford, I had nothing but Fords, at one time. Then I changed.

You guys must race dyno sheets too!

My mission was just to see how many of you were dumb enough to reply.. The counter is still running, Like Ford's bank account for denying warranty claims.:loser:

Read the trade journals for the facts, Oh by the way, Goverment Motors paid back the loan early with interest. So They were a good investment!!:bowdown:

My Cushman Minute Miser has better turn in than a Shelby!

(Look that one up, you were probably not born when they were made)

See you at the track!!

Are you really that high Terry? The Fed bought their debt in exchange for stock. The taxpayers are going to probably take a 10 billion dollar hit. Get your facts straight before you spout off.

U.S. Loses $10 Billion Dollars On GM Bailout « Pat Dollard

Jaimie

rwboring

Established Member
My 87 year old mother in law can drive in a straight line.

But since you brought up straight lines

I know of two worked over Supercharged Mustangs (a Saleen and a Roush) that got an ass whippin' by a ZL1. Both had more cams, boost and valves than me.:pop: Hold on, I need to get another Coke for the rest of my popcorn.

how old are you? with these arguments that makes you look really pathetic...

second depending on the year i fully expect a zl1 to beat a saleen and roush... you give plenty of reason why it shouldn't... here are two that flip it a little: Displacement and horsepower (depending on year and mods). Which the second typically trumps all at the strip (depending on traction of course).

I have a few friends with the camaros and they always bring up the cam statements while making fun of ford for having a SRA... the question is when did the mustang get more then one cam and when did the camaro get an IRS? which car company is behind the times? I mean imagine if GM was smart enough to bring out a OHC system (valves typically go hand in hand with cams)... who knows if it could actually beat a trinity then :shrug:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Glad someone posted those links as I was just about to.

Terry, everyone here realizes the GT500 uses old suspension technology but they stuck with the muscle car formula and look how well it has worked for them. It's the underdog in every comparison regardless of the 662hp, but it still hangs in there and sometimes whoops up on the competition. And now it looks like they just made GM look like fools with their outlandish claims for the ZL1 which never came to fruition. The track times was one of the last things that car had to hang onto but now we know the GT500 is right there with and most likely a little faster depending on the track. Why do you think they even pushed the Z28 to market so quick? So they could make up and take the attention off the performance failure that is the ZL1. The car can perform and is great but Chevy literally killed that cars chances by overhyping it. They doomed that car from the beginning. They need to keep their mouths shut about their cars and let them speak for themselves which is what just about every other automaker does.

rwboring

Established Member
Why do you think they even pushed the Z28 to market so quick?

What do you mean? ;-) They sat back and watched the Boss 302 for two years just like they do every other model! The GT500 has been around since 2007 and they FINALLY decided to try and compete sadly it was a day late and a dollar short...

:beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If Nissan was caught with exaggerated Ring times, it doesn't surprise me that Chevy would.

Ring times are a bench racers dream anyways. I blame the Gran Turismo generation for putting so much stock into them.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
O

I know of two worked over Supercharged Mustangs (a Saleen and a Roush) that got an ass whippin' by a ZL1. Both had more cams, boost and valves than me..

you're delusional...

full bolt on 5.0's are turning in better straight line performance than the ZL1.

FI 5.0's are laying waste to even the most highly built ZL1's that the world has ever seen.

the ZL1 is a disappointment and your arguments are weak!

the GT500's are, in every way, a better car.

rwboring

Established Member
you're delusional...

full bolt on 5.0's are turning in better straight line performance than the ZL1.

FI 5.0's are laying waste to even the most highly built ZL1's that the world has ever seen.

the ZL1 is a disappointment and your arguments are weak!

the GT500's are, in every way, a better car.

not to mention a stage 3 roush is 40 less hp then a ZL1 :)

TheGongShow

Established Member
The z28 has some next-level street tires. I'm quite confident those tires on the GT500 would make the Ford considerably more dominant. But it doesn't have those tires. And that is why the Z28 is the real winner IMO. That thing is straight up impressive for what it is (and driving through the rain). There really is no loser though - they all looked pretty good out there.

Users who are viewing this thread