SVTP Small Business Owners Listing (CoVid Help)

Blown 89

Established Member
So, I heard that the small businesses that applied to the CARES ACT are having a hard time getting through/approved??
Even the MA unemployment insurance benefits are all ****ed up!!! People at work are getting as little as 47 bucks for 2 days to 328 bucks for 2 days. It does not make sense at all. We only work 3 days a week currently. Collecting unemployment benefits for Mondays and Fridays. I'm pretty sure those higher numbers are way, way off.
What a mess.
I've been dealing with it all week and it's a mess. The bank that handles my business accounts had two employees manning the entire bank Monday and my business bankers are all MIA (most likely due to the public schools closing). This shouldn't come as a shock since the government is completely incompetent at everything.

My second business has been closed for a month now and I've taken a lot of flack from for ignoring stay at home order to try and keep it going. In the end I think I've lost much of the customer base I've spend years cultivating. I think it's bullshit that the government is forcing this shit sandwich down people's throats and then using it for their own political gain.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I own an industrial distributorship, dixieindustrialsales.com. We distribute bearings, v-belts, conveyor belts, roller chain, sprockets, etc. Been in business since 1983. We have never laid anyone off nor do we intend to. Having mixed emotions about the government grant options, it goes against my way of thinking, as of today the jury is still out.
BTW, I like this post...good idea op.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been dealing with it all week and it's a mess. The bank that handles my business accounts had two employees manning the entire bank Monday and my business bankers are all MIA (most likely due to the public schools closing). This shouldn't come as a shock since the government is completely incompetent at everything.
My second business has been closed for a month now and I've taken a lot of flack from for ignoring stay at home order to try and keep it going. In the end I think I've lost much of the customer base I've spend years cultivating. I think it's bullshit that the government is forcing this shit sandwich down people's throats and then using it for their own political gain.
I agree 100%!!!!
100%!!!!

We all got furlough letters at work today, effective Monday. (We were already only working 3 days a week.) Only a very, very small of people are coming in.
We have a hotline set up for work so we can call every Sunday night for updates. Plus, the managers have my cell phone number.
The whole thing is a ****ing mess! ****ing mess! I think the owner applied for all applicable loans, but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm surprised we were staying open for this long, it's been really, really slow.
Good luck man! We all need it.

Blown 89

Established Member
I agree 100%!!!!
100%!!!!

We all got furlough letters at work today, effective Monday. (We were already only working 3 days a week.) Only a very, very small of people are coming in.
We have a hotline set up for work so we can call every Sunday night for updates. Plus, the managers have my cell phone number.
The whole thing is a ****ing mess! ****ing mess! I think the owner applied for all applicable loans, but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm surprised we were staying open for this long, it's been really, really slow.
Good luck man! We all need it.
Agreed. The Good Morning Liberty podcast asked at what point is the cure worse than the disease? I hope societal panic doesn't become the new norm for these things.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. The Good Morning Liberty podcast asked at what point is the cure worse than the disease? I hope societal panic doesn't become the new norm for these things.
I hope not too.
If so,......we lose. What a shitty life that will be.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, Facebook can be a great marketing tool. I wish you the best with the changes you're making. I've got a really good feeling about your company getting back into direct marketing. I worked in the Direct Marketing field for 15 years in my early career. Long time ago!

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Home Page 2 | ACP

Everything from custom paint and graphics to full restorations and airbrushing. Cars, bikes. Do just about anything. Tons of race teams and display vehicles too. Develop some of our own heat resistant coatings as well. 42 years and counting.

Its definitely rough out there.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I own an industrial distributorship, dixieindustrialsales.com. We distribute bearings, v-belts, conveyor belts, roller chain, sprockets, etc. Been in business since 1983. We have never laid anyone off nor do we intend to. Having mixed emotions about the government grant options, it goes against my way of thinking, as of today the jury is still out.
BTW, I like this post...good idea op.

saved your site, I’ll pass it along to our GM. We have a MRF so lots of conveyors and such

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^^Thanks, we would be glad to help if we can. New business is always a big deal here.
Dirk, do you have a page if so can I have a link to you site?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I make honey processing equipment for beekeepers both large and small.
Essentially a sheet metal/machine shop. Times sure are different now.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
FYI

For those of you wanting to expand your online business presence, search "SEO tools, videos, tutorials, etc). This will help make your website pop up in searches better once you know how to use these techniques. You don't have to hire anyone to do it unless your business is large enough where you don't have the time to do it yourself.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Trump released a tweet saying Dems are trying to block this bill unless they get what they want

good god

Users who are viewing this thread