SVTP stock pick thread.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Well, bought some shares of companies I have no idea about, but trusted the judgement of people on the internet I don't know, and have no idea of the quality of their judgement. :eek:

Bought DIN @ $45.62

Bought DFS @ $49.90

And bought back into CLR at $15.75

I'm hoping to hold on to them long term, at least two weeks. :rolleyes:

Aaaand three days later I sold all three. Nice profits.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I bought NKLA when it was in the low 30's and sold it when it just about peaked. I then rebought it on the way down just before the low point. Personally I'm holding my shares till the 29th when they start the preorders for the Badger medium duty truck as I suspect we'll see another strong push around about then.

That being said I am in no way an expert in these things and am going off suspected trends and what my gut tells me to do.

ooo didnt know they are doing that yet. Good to know. Ill keep an eye out and my sell off if it peaks again. well see.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Hertz sprinted right past SEC objection on stock sale - CNBC
Jun. 17, 2020 11:16 AM ET|About: Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (HTZ)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

SEC Commissioner Jay Clayton says Hertz Global (HTZ +2.8%) ignored cautionary comments made by the regulator on the sale of new shares.

Clayton notes Hertz didn't even come back with a response to the issues raised by the SEC.

Last week, Hertz jumbled everyone's brains a bit by landing bankruptcy court approval to sell up to $1B worth of new shares.

Shares of Hertz are having another strong day on Wall Street, while Robin Hood traders have weaned their positions over the last day by 1% in terms of raw number of customers holding the stock. Short interest on Hertz is at 38.2% of total float.

wowsers

Established Member
It sounds like he had an option spread that was assigned. The other half of the spread hadn’t been exercised so it wasn’t an actual loss.

And of course the family blames robinhood even though an options disclosure agreement has to be signed to do any trading. It’s always someone else’s fault.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It sounds like he had an option spread that was assigned. The other half of the spread hadn’t been exercised so it wasn’t an actual loss.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

A little knowledge was dangerous this time.

nxhappy

Established Member

FIVEHOE

Established Member
it was on margin so he was a HUGE dumb ass. This also means he had 300k to begin with.

Allegedly robinhood ****ed up and it showed a bigger number than it should have due to the trade not registering or something. But yeah robinhood's shit has been ****ed. glad I don't use that shit.

nxhappy

Established Member
Allegedly robinhood ****ed up and it showed a bigger number than it should have due to the trade not registering or something. But yeah robinhood's shit has been ****ed. glad I don't use that shit.
yeah RH ****ed me really hard a while back. they went down for like 2 days. After that I switched to TD and ET.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I decided last week that I was moving my money back out of stocks and mutual funds for a while. There's a few reasons, notably the nonchalance I am seeing about the virus and the upcoming election. Further, there's an old saying that goes something like, "when the average person on the street starts talking about stocks, it's time to get out of stocks." I've heard a couple of people who have never invested in stocks talk about them lately.

I'm still long on my LRCX as I have a lot of shares due to being an employee and I'm very bullish on the outlook, but I sold everything else I could and put the money in stable value funds for now. Only planning on two scenarios where I re-enter the market- after the election, or another steep drop in the market before then due to either the virus or pre-election fears.

Timestamp of today's values for later ridicule:

DJIA 25,525
S&P 3050
LRCX 310

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I decided last week that I was moving my money back out of stocks and mutual funds for a while. There's a few reasons, notably the nonchalance I am seeing about the virus and the upcoming election. Further, there's an old saying that goes something like, "when the average person on the street starts talking about stocks, it's time to get out of stocks." I've heard a couple of people who have never invested in stocks talk about them lately.

I'm still long on my LRCX as I have a lot of shares due to being an employee and I'm very bullish on the outlook, but I sold everything else I could and put the money in stable value funds for now. Only planning on two scenarios where I re-enter the market- after the election, or another steep drop in the market before then due to either the virus or pre-election fears.

Timestamp of today's values for later ridicule:

DJIA 25,525
S&P 3050
LRCX 310

Smart move IMO. I think the drop is coming. DOW just broke the 2.5 month trend line.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
lol why do you think TOS is shit ?

Because on the most volatile days myself included with many other traders I follow experience lock-outs, slow order speeds, lagging data, etc. I never had an issue with TOS years ago when I was actively day trading before RH took off. Now I have continuous problems over the last two months, and it's also a data hog. Overall the experience has gone way down, and actually cost me a lot of money one morning. I wanted to adjust a sell order higher upon news, but was unable to login and do so.

If I can't trust it to work on the most important days, it is not something I want to depend on. I do a lot of active day trading so my needs are different than most. I have no problems using it for swings and long-term trading, but it's something I am growing very tired of using when I am in a big position and starting to see my L2 and chart lag. I don't need added stress lol.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
@mysteed what do you think the Nikola conference will do to it when they announce it today or at the actual conference? And they break ground in July on their factory for the semis

mysteed

Established Member
@mysteed what do you think the Nikola conference will do to it when they announce it today or at the actual conference? And they break ground in July on their factory for the semis
So far today the forecast has been good with the "presale" of the Badger boosting the stock. I'm hoping that they announce the conference in the early afternoon as well as give an update on the presales. So far so good and I'll be hanging onto my few shares for a little while longer unless there is a big spike.

MG0h3

Established Member
If anyone had SHIP before yesterday damn!!

If I’m seeing the news correctly, it did a 10/1 reverse split.

Meaning if you had 10 shares, you now have 1.

Closed at .155 so make it 1.55...so looks like it’s actually up about 25%, not 1200%.

Edit: was a 1/16 reverse. Last time I checked it’s either flat or down from yesterday’s opening.

“You’re full of $#!+”
Joe Biden

svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread