SVTP stock pick thread.

q6543

Established Member
I kinda love the idea of a sideways bottom.

Like a long multi year sideways that we haven't seen in a few decades.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Remember the days when we could be like “ hey boys what stocks are good to boy this week?”

Oooof

Fat Boss

Established Member
Well, there is definitely no shortage of bad news right now! o_O

I'm glad I'm not retiring soon or needing to sell any stock in LRCX. I did get a notice from the county saying the property owner next to me hasn't paid his taxes on it in years. They're going to auction it in Oct if it's still unpaid. I'd like LRCX to rebound at least enough where it might make sense for me to bid on it.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I had some more $$$ in my 401k brokerage account from recent contributions, so picked up a whopping 1 more share of TSLA and 1 more of ASML. The only silver lining of the market lately is the opportunity to buy great companies at a steep discount.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Had a question for the more financially savvy guys in here...

Wife has a mediocre performing 401K account with a balance in the mid 30s in the company she worked for up to 2019, in 2020 her former company got bought out by another and her 401k moved to the new company automatically. She's a stay at home mom and we have no current plans for her to go back to work.

I have the ability, thru my parent, to buy Publix stock. I am debating closing that 401k account, paying the tax and 10% penalty and buying publix shares with the remaining balance. It would help my parent in the short-mid term with dividend income and I think long term is might be a good play being that Publix just split and shares are under $15 per. Stock historically has always performed very well, over the last 10 years its up almost 400%. What do you guys think??

cobracide

Established Member

Wife has a mediocre performing 401K account with a balance in the mid 30s in the company she worked for up to 2019, in 2020 her former company got bought out by another and her 401k moved to the new company automatically. She's a stay at home mom and we have no current plans for her to go back to work.

I have the ability, thru my parent, to buy Publix stock. I am debating closing that 401k account, paying the tax and 10% penalty and buying publix shares with the remaining balance. It would help my parent in the short-mid term with dividend income and I think long term is might be a good play being that Publix just split and shares are under $15 per. Stock historically has always performed very well, over the last 10 years its up almost 400%. What do you guys think??
Good Plan. 401K investment choices are typically very restrictive. I moved mine out to an external brokerage account as fast as I could.

q6543

Established Member
Define mediocre??
That account is basically gonna get cut in half... and then.. your gonna need to pay tax AGAIN, so if publix doubles... you'll still be down 20-25%.

Is there a option to roll it into a S&P500 index?

DarkMach1

Established Member
Define mediocre??
That account is basically gonna get cut in half... and then.. your gonna need to pay tax AGAIN, so if publix doubles... you'll still be down 20-25%.

Is there a option to roll it into a S&P500 index?

I can only see the last 4 quarters. beginning mid 2021, in order its +4%, -0.2, +4.7, -4.8(this being quarter ending in march 2022). they have a vanguard 500 index as an option.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member

My wife was in a similar position after she left her last job and IIRC we were able to roll it over to another broker as an ira and then manage it from there.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
saupload_JPM_dispersion_060122.png

MG0h3

Established Member
You have like 60 or 90 days, or maybe until the end of the calendar year.

Can’t remember.

I do remember telling my dumb **** wife while I was divorcing her money pilfering ass that she needed to talk to an investment manager or she’d get taxed.

Guess who complained to me a couple yrs later that she had to come up with the money to pay the tax.

Guessing that means she pissed away the 80k I had to pay her

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

q6543

Established Member
Yeah... it sure looks like everything is in place for a bottom.

I think once we see the Q2 gdp that's gonna be the make or break.

However, fed tightening, rates peaked, dollar peaked, inflation peaked, vix elevated in the 30s for weeks on end.
Stable coin blowup, crypto puked, tech puked,
Jamie Dimon calling for a hurricane and the market ripping off his comments.
Fed on pause by the fall... everything is in place that 3850 SPX was the bottom.

We'll look back with the narrative of what an overreaction to 2% FFR

Users who are viewing this thread