SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Musk has a good view into China, maybe it ain't so swell.

Elon Musk wants 10% job cuts at Tesla, has 'super bad' feeling on economy - Reuters

TSLA +4.68%Jun. 03, 2022 6:06 AM ET42 Comments
Elon Musk is reportedly looking to cut the Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) workforce by about 10%.
Musk wrote he was looking at those cuts and had a "super bad feeling" about the economy in an email to Tesla (TSLA) executives with the subject line "pause all hiring worldwide" that was seen by Reuters.
TSLA shares are down 3.3% in premarket trading.
He has said before that he thinks that the economy is moving into a recession, but has also tweeted the contractions can serve an "economic cleansing function."
TSLA has about 100,000 employees worldwide.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
These inverse ETF funds have sure kept my psyche slightly in check while watching my longs dwindle away lately. I'm afraid they'll target or limit these soon though, just a strong paranoia and distrust of the machine

MG0h3

Established Member
Yeah... it sure looks like everything is in place for a bottom.

I think once we see the Q2 gdp that's gonna be the make or break.

However, fed tightening, rates peaked, dollar peaked, inflation peaked, vix elevated in the 30s for weeks on end.
Stable coin blowup, crypto puked, tech puked,
Jamie Dimon calling for a hurricane and the market ripping off his comments.
Fed on pause by the fall... everything is in place that 3850 SPX was the bottom.

We'll look back with the narrative of what an overreaction to 2% FFR

I recall you being optimistic about the market and economy about 600 points ago.

I think 3850 being a bottom is optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Tesla announced 3:1 stock split in august

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Tesla announced 3:1 stock split in august

I'm liking this. First Amazon, now Tesla. Who is next?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Shit man everything is just tanked. I'm down nearly 50% from a year ago.
ETH and BTC are in the shitter too.
if you have time to babysit them, you can always get in

SQQQ
LABD
TZA
SOXS

and have a green day while the rest of your portfolio burns.

FJB

lilcoop03

Established Member
I am getting cash ready for a dump into the market at the bottom. I wanted to do this when COVID hit but wasn't in a position to at the time. I'd like to take advantage this time. Have you guys had success doing this with select undervalued single stocks in the past or is an S&P index fund a better play?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I am getting cash ready for a dump into the market at the bottom. I wanted to do this when COVID hit but wasn't in a position to at the time. I'd like to take advantage this time. Have you guys had success doing this with select undervalued single stocks in the past or is an S&P index fund a better play?
I want to try the same thing. I'm closing on a condo sale on Friday so I'll have some dry powder to play with. Not sure the best play though.

cobracide

Established Member
Do you feel like BTC and ETH will have another run once inflation starts to chill?
Crypto is typically inverse of the Dollar index. As long as interest rates are rising because inflation is out of control - crypto will probably sink. Everything comes and goes in cycles so when the dollar starts to weaken again and interest rates stablize, look for crypto to ascend once more. There is much more involved that weaken the dollar further such as trade deficits and M2 money supply. Time and poor US fiscal policy that dates back to the 70s that weakens the dollar is on Crypto's side. In particular Bitcoin because of it's deflationary nature of being limited.

lilcoop03

Established Member
So, what's the consensus on where the bottom is going to be for the S&P 500? 3200? 3000?

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
Bear consensus is 3000 range.
They were also calling for 200s to 180s during the covid crash... so if someone listened too closely... they'd have missed a generational buy.

I could care less and deployed all of my cash at the down 25% mark.

There has become this idea that the market can only go up with the FED printing...that's BS.. and also... rate hikes are bullish.
Bullard came out saying they are close to neutral.
Definitely a great time to buy bonds.
If you're not ready for stock risk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread