SVTP stock pick thread.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Looks like BTC is on a roll. Also, maybe just maybe BOIL has bottomed. I've got a little over 10k shares dollar cost averaged at just under $4 now.
I'm at 4k shares @$3.85 so I hope you're right.

I've heard rumors of an emending collapse in the market, anyone else hearing this?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm at 4k shares @$3.85 so I hope you're right.

I've heard rumors of an emending collapse in the market, anyone else hearing this?
the turkish finding 500B worth in the black sea? i can never separate FUD from the reality, so i just watch the chart.

that said, BOIL is a ****ing rock lol

but yes i'm in it too

MG0h3

Established Member
the turkish finding 500B worth in the black sea? i can never separate FUD from the reality, so i just watch the chart.

that said, BOIL is a ****ing rock lol

but yes i'm in it too

It’s not Boil, it’s the price of nat gas.

We’re in the period referred to as the shoulder; dip between winter demand and summer demand.

Honestly, if it would keep doing exactly what it is for eternity, I’d be happy. The price of calls and puts on it is pretty wild if you compare it to something like BAC.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Looks like BTC is on a roll. Also, maybe just maybe BOIL has bottomed. I've got a little over 10k shares dollar cost averaged at just under $4 now.

The weekly call option at 4.00 strike usually hits .10c after the price runs back up a bit in the 3.50 area.

That’s 1000 a week profit on 10k shares. Zero risk.

Weekly 3.50 strike has been .20-.22 every week for the last month.

That’s 2000 a week income, only risk is if you let it exercise. On 10k shares, each 10c in share price is $1000. Do this two weeks in a row, and you’d be @3.60 cost basis if you’re at $4 now.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
The weekly call option at 4.00 strike usually hits .10c after the price runs back up a bit in the 3.50 area.

That’s 1000 a week profit on 10k shares. Zero risk.

Weekly 3.50 strike has been .20-.22 every week for the last month.

That’s 2000 a week income, only risk is if you let it exercise. On 10k shares, each 10c in share price is $1000. Do this two weeks in a row, and you’d be @3.60 cost basis if you’re at $4 now.

I’m attempting to make this work off the weekly chart, but did not expect it to dip this low…i remember making trades on this in the low 30s and high 20s lol.

so you’re selling covered calls and just as long as it does not go up you collect premium correct? This part is confusing to me still and i want to do one just to learn.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m attempting to make this work off the weekly chart, but did not expect it to dip this low…i remember making trades on this in the low 30s and high 20s lol.

so you’re selling covered calls and just as long as it does not go up you collect premium correct? This part is confusing to me still and i want to do one just to learn.

Correct. On calls, if it goes over strike it’s “in the money” and will auto exercise after expiration.

Puts are the opposite.

Today I’d look at puts 3.50 strike expiring April 21. If this exercises you are required to BUY the stock. Currently would pay you .35c a share so equivalent to a 3.15 share price of executed. If you think it will go above 3.15 by April21, you can make some dough.

Read into how intrinsic and extrinsic value work. This is quite important. Extrinsic value is the time decay which accelerates on a curve as expiration nears.

On the calls it went over 3.50 on the expiration day once since I started this 3 weeks ago. I bought to close for like 5c or something. Still cleared 15c a share for the week.

MG0h3

Established Member
Edit: current price for April 21.

IMG_0286.JPG

MG0h3

Established Member
I just sold 100 contracts (10k shares) of the April21 $3.00 put which executed at .18c.

Paid me $1800 to buy 10k shares at $3 by April21.

Worst case, it executes and I keep the 1800, buy at $3 which puts the cost basis at 2.82.

I’ll try and remember to report back on what I end up doing here.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
I just follow this guy on twitter for some reason. Says it's a lumber thing. I need to learn how to do the covered call thing.
View attachment 1789619

Oh you mean a market wide collapse?

Not sure if it’ll be a collapse but I suspect things are gonna nose over

Report I heard this morning said both CC and debit card usage down to lowest level since 2020.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I need to learn how to do the covered call thing.
Own the asset, pick a strike above your cost basis you feel comfortable letting it go for. SELL that contract. If it doesn't get there by expiration, you keep the premium and the shares. If it is at or above, the shares get sold for the strike price. That's the basic idea. There are advantages and disadvantages, as always do your own research.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Still buying 1k shares of BOIL every couple of days. Avg is down to about $3.65.

Our ESPP at LRCX went through. Bought 38 more shares at $350, and it closed today at $523. My boss has been there for 30 years. He probably started buying his shares at $6 or $7.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
That's awesome. I actually looked your company up earlier and saw it was back to doing good. My NVDA I bought a lifetime ago is almost back to even. I have a good chunk in there. I thought about just loading six figures of BOIL at $3 if it ever gets back down. #YOLO, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread