SVTP stock pick thread.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Look at how many shares you have now vs before and you’ll know.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I typically don't keep track of how many shares I have, other than the company I work for- LRCX. But DPST definitely reverse split 1 for 10. I looked at the Yahoo message board for it and someone stated that it appears they split and reverse split as needed.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve been day trading it a bit in pre market.

Holding a good basket that I’m in the green on and not sure if I’ll sell before the split.

I have caught on that if the expiring month Nat gas is lower than the upcoming month, you’ll see a significant drop in Boil as the new month comes down to baseline.

July futures expire the 28th and currently Aug is about 8c more.

The gap keeps shrinking month to month but when we see the expiring month higher than the upcoming, that’s when you just see upward movement in Boil instead of the big drop right after expiration.

I’ve been way more successful day trading it or just a few days vs the longer hold.

I do not plan on holding it across expiration anymore unless the upcoming month is cheaper than expiring.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
there are some good moves premarket in it and KOLD both, i wish i was more awake that early lol @MG0h3. I’ve decided they are too volatile for my liking and BOIL just doesn’t play nice with the way i trade(MACD, 3 time frames). Idk if it’s the decay, the fact it’s a commodity, or if I’m just retarded…likely a combo of things and past bud light usage

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I've got a lot more BOIL shares than I should have at this point.
This is my second time for this feeling…i went in on the weekly time frame…lesson learned.

BOIL reversed course 3 straight times after looking good on a 4hr time frame…cost me thousands and I’d just wake up and start cussing lol

MG0h3

Established Member
there are some good moves premarket in it and KOLD both, i wish i was more awake that early lol @MG0h3. I’ve decided they are too volatile for my liking and BOIL just doesn’t play nice with the way i trade(MACD, 3 time frames). Idk if it’s the decay, the fact it’s a commodity, or if I’m just retarded…likely a combo of things and past bud light usage

Commodity dude. Gas as I can tell, technicals don’t mean anything.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Commodity dude. Gas as I can tell, technicals don’t mean anything.

i’d love nothing more than to chalk it up to that, because i have been absolutely owned by this ticker lol.

do we think the reverse split will do to it what it does to all other tickers? Or does it simply change in price since it’s a commodity

MG0h3

Established Member
i’d love nothing more than to chalk it up to that, because i have been absolutely owned by this ticker lol.

do we think the reverse split will do to it what it does to all other tickers? Or does it simply change in price since it’s a commodity

Hard to say. I mean there’s no earnings.

The weather and supply chain change the price of gas more than anything. Can’t technical your way through that.

You can def identify ranges they get in though.

Being a higher price will decrease volume for sure but I’d expect it to just act like it has pre split.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
:mad:

UBS: ‘We continue to expect a hard landing’

SP500 +0.22%Jun. 12, 2023 8:15 AM ET20 Comments
UBS argued Monday that Wall Street is still on pace for a hard landing, even though investors have seen a recent market rally over the last couple of months in the Dow (DJI), S&P 500 (SP500) and the Nasdaq Composite (COMP.IND).
“We continue to expect a hard landing, and an economic contraction of roughly 1% peak to trough in real GDP beginning next quarter with subsequent impact on the labor market,” the investment bank noted in a recent note to its clients.
UBS went on to add: "In our view, real consumer spending growth is tepid, business capex plans are weak, orders and shipments data not much better, and we think that under the hood the labor market is slowing."
The financial institution believes an economic correction is coming this year and added that recession probabilities are about as high as they get, as they see aggregate recession odds at nearly 80%. See chart below provided by UBS:

Looking at recent stock activity, major market average exchange traded funds that mirror the benchmark indices are all higher on Monday morning.
Daily price action: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY) +0.3%, iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (IVV) +0.3%, Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO) +0.3%, SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF Trust (DIA) +0.1%, and the Invesco QQQ Trust ETF (QQQ) +0.5%.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Interesting, so when should you pull some dry powder out ? :unsure: The one thing not the same is the labor shortage.

Economist John Maynard Keynes said, “the markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”

Tweet

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I've had luck recently on BX and AMZN swings...but both are looking a little toppy. I'm all cash besides a tiny SQQQ starter position and a small BOIL buy I'm gonna let run after I cut my bags on the last round...it literally ran 20 cents the next day, and now 90 cents overall lol

Users who are viewing this thread