SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It's BARELY retail, this volume and money flow is literally hedge funds trying to blow up rivals, and the MOMO machines and HFT'S piling on.

Gme was the same story, retail is the patsy.
Almost 40 BILLION has been in and outta AMC today. That's not stimmy checks

660 million shares of AMC traded so far.

6/4 OTM $70 calls are up over 3,000%

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
  • At one point in the last hour of trading, AMC, BlackBerry, Bed Bath & Beyond and Nokia accounted for 25% of the volume on the NYSE, chartist Helene Meisler tweeted.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I was at the dyno this morning and my trading buddy was texting me.

"My friend said he thinks AMC could hit $60 soon."

I didn't reply because I was busy but I thought to myself "I wonder how soon."

The next text I got from him "AMC to $70 right now. My buddy made $300,000 on the calls he bought this morning."

****ers.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Wonder how many times weather man will congratulate everyone in the same day for things he won’t do...

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
End of day was 14.5k :)
Shares or calls?? Congrats either way, i was surprised and ecstatic how much my small amount of shares added up to when it hit $71.

*if it’s uncouth to ask that, like it is to talk about salary and stuff, then never mind lol

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Shares or calls?? Congrats either way, i was surprised and ecstatic how much my small amount of shares added up to when it hit $71.

*if it’s uncouth to ask that, like it is to talk about salary and stuff, then never mind lol
Money.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Threw in about 6K a few months ago...so far so good.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Interesting

AMC CEO Adam Aron has additionally revealed that retail investors "own more than 80%" of the company at the last count, meaning a non-institutional base now owns a super-majority of AMC shares. "We work for them. I work for them and their ambitions and passions are important to me," he added on a recent earnings call. Besides taking out the shorts, other CEOs may look to create a relationship with this mighty group of shareholders, with other meme plays skyrocketing in the last few sessions. In premarket trade: BlackBerry (NYSE:BB) +30%; Koss Corporation (NASDAQ:KOSS) +10%; GameStop (NYSE:GME) +2%.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
AMC, down 25%, warns investors they could lose everything; Jefferies halts AMC shorts
  • AMC (NYSE:AMC) issued a stark warning about its stock's volatility in a filing this morning, warning investors they could lose everything given the current trading dynamics.
  • Meanwhile, Jefferies is said to be blocking short sales of AMC, GameStop (NYSE:GME) and MicroVision (NASDAQ:MVIS), according to StreetInsider.
  • A trader passed on the following statement to StreetInsider: "In addition to naked options, effective immediately, we will be blocking all short sells in GME, AMC and MVIS from being executed at Jefferies. If you choose to execute away, the trade will be subject to review by Risk/Margin prior to being affirmed."
  • AMC filed an 8-K this morning to sell 11.55M shares, which wiped out premarket gains.
  • In the filing AMC said: ""We believe that the recent volatility and our current market prices reflect market and trading dynamics unrelated to our underlying business, or macro or industry fundamentals, and we do not know how long these dynamics will last. Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment." (Emphasis AMC.)
  • "Extreme fluctuations in the market price of our Class A common stock have been accompanied by reports of strong and atypical retail investor interest, including on social media and online forums. The market volatility and trading patterns we have experienced create several risks for investors, including the following:
  1. the market price of our Class A common stock has experienced and may continue to experience rapid and substantial increases or decreases unrelated to our operating performance or prospects, or macro or industry fundamentals, and substantial increases may be significantly inconsistent with the risks and uncertainties that we continue to face;
  2. factors in the public trading market for our Class A common stock include the sentiment of retail investors (including as may be expressed on financial trading and other social media sites and online forums), the direct access by retail investors to broadly available trading platforms, the amount and status of short interest in our securities, access to margin debt, trading in options and other derivatives on our Class A common stock and any related hedging and other trading factors;
  3. our market capitalization, as implied by various trading prices, currently reflects valuations that diverge significantly from those seen prior to recent volatility and that are significantly higher than our market capitalization immediately prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to the extent these valuations reflect trading dynamics unrelated to our financial performance or prospects, purchasers of our Class A common stock could incur substantial losses if there are declines in market prices driven by a return to earlier valuations;
  4. to the extent volatility in our Class A common stock is caused, as has widely been reported, by a “short squeeze” in which coordinated trading activity causes a spike in the market price of our Class A common stock as traders with a short position make market purchases to avoid or to mitigate potential losses, investors purchase at inflated prices unrelated to our financial performance or prospects, and may thereafter suffer substantial losses as prices decline once the level of short-covering purchases has abated; and
  5. if the market price of our Class A common stock declines, you may be unable to resell your shares at or above the price at which you acquired them. We cannot assure you that the equity issuance of our Class A common stock will not fluctuate or decline significantly in the future, in which case you could incur substantial losses.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
HAHAHAHAHA...mark 7 grand off my profits from yesterday just like that! LOL! Still up almost 17K from initial investment a few months ago ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread