SVTP stock pick thread.

RUNVS?

Established Member
For the first time in what seems like forever, every one of the 25 different holdings I have in my stock portfolio was up yesterday. Every one. However, all of my bonds and mutual funds were down. :confused:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
For the first time in what seems like forever, every one of the 25 different holdings I have in my stock portfolio was up yesterday. Every one. However, all of my bonds and mutual funds were down. :confused:
My were up yesterday also. But my entire portfolio is down more than half since last January so it’s still a loss.

VegasMichael

Established Member
They must have been specialty/sector funds if they were down yesterday.

RUNVS?

Established Member
Most of my bonds are municipal bonds or American Growth Funds. I also own a handful of BlackRock mutual funds.

Overall, my IRA is down almost $200,000 since this time last year. However, I've drawn out about $72,000 for living expenses and home improvements while I wait for my social security retirement application to be processed. It will have been one year as of 02/10/2023. :mad:

Word to the wise for anyone contemplating retirement in the near future....
SUBMIT YOUR SSA APPLICATION AT LEAST 6-8 MONTHS IN ADVANCE AND HAVE MONEY PUT AWAY TO LIVE OFF OF FOR AT LEAST THOSE 6-8 MONTHS.

The Social Security Administration is taking their sweet-ass time at processing applications these days. They are obviously under-staffed and they are using COVID as an excuse to run behind. Proving yet again that the federal government is real quick to take your money, but returning it doesn't happen so fast.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
Get your ticket! Only $10 for one ticket! Get em while you can! Every ticket is a winner!

If your timing is right :p

KOLD

Thanks again for the tip! Sold my KOLD this morning for 194% gain. I just don't see a lot more room for Nat Gas to move to the downside and a lot of risk of Europe actually getting cold this winter.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Thanks again for the tip! Sold my KOLD this morning for 194% gain. I just don't see a lot more room for Nat Gas to move to the downside and a lot of risk of Europe actually getting cold this winter.
Damn. That's badass. I need one of those. I didn't have any dry powder to join you all on this journey though.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Clipped $3500 profit on Boil since Monday.

Only gotta do that 15 more times to match where I was right after Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Oh man that's a bummer. What do you think it's going to do? It's pretty low I was thinking about jumping on it.

MG0h3

Established Member
Oh man that's a bummer. What do you think it's going to do? It's pretty low I was thinking about jumping on it.

I don’t see a major move either way until the hottest January on record goes away.

They both just keep moving back and forth within a 20% range or so.

Just watch out for decay when they go down. The down 10% is bigger than the up 10% which is why you see lower lows eventually leading to a split.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RUNVS?

Established Member
My portfolio has been on a roller coaster ride for the past week. Up one day, then down the next. I guess this is that bumpy road that my broker warned me about two months ago. :sick:

Fat Boss

Established Member
Just got an email from the CEO here at Lam Research (LRCX). 1200 people getting laid off in the next week. <crosses fingers, hides under desk>

Stock is down in after hours, but still well off its lows.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
yeah good luck man...

i was hoping someone had killed it on this KOLD run, i'm getting my holes smoked on BOIL

MG0h3

Established Member
Lol. What I sold right at the end of Dec would be a gain of 165k right now.

Miss of a lifetime!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
not gonna lie, i have thought about that position you had and it's made me a little nauseous lol.

when i sell i try to walk away for a bit and not run the math...but 2023 hit different and i'm even calculating how much YOU would've made haha

BOIL has tricked me multiple times and i may take it off my watchlist after i dig outta this black hole i'm in

MG0h3

Established Member
Ya man. I can’t believe it.

Hottest Jan on record. I’m Europe too. Who could’ve guessed that following that nasty week in the End of Dec.

But what are you gonna do. I should’ve just held the 5k shares. Had plenty of other cash to play with.

But even if I held, I prob would’ve sold well before this point and still missed.

I’ve gone in and out of Boil a couple times since then but been busy with travel so took a break.

Plus nat gas is coming up on a 2yr low and nearing its normal range.

I’ll still play these but need things to level out.

You’ll probably see them split KOLD 4/1 or something. The volume on that one is super low.

Users who are viewing this thread