SVTP stock pick thread.

Fat Boss

Established Member
the tech market is taking a hammering this week

I'll take it. My yearly grant of LRCX shares gets priced at the avg share closing price in Feb. They tell me how many dollars it will be, and then it gets converted to shares on Mar 1.

Meanwhile, wading into BOIL the last week or so... I still think it's going lower before higher, but Nat Gas is at a pretty low point now.

<still kicks self for selling KOLD at ~$40>

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll take it. My yearly grant of LRCX shares gets priced at the avg share closing price in Feb. They tell me how many dollars it will be, and then it gets converted to shares on Mar 1.

Meanwhile, wading into BOIL the last week or so... I still think it's going lower before higher, but Nat Gas is at a pretty low point now.

<still kicks self for selling KOLD at ~$40>
I'm kicking myself about KOLD also

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m sitting on a stash of Boil. Blown away how cheap gas has gotten. Lowest I could find on any graph.

Suspect it’s being shorted heavily.

Freeport just reopened in east TX.

Prob gonna have higher draws and some frozen production with the storm coming.

We also swing into an area pretty soon where people store up for summer power generation.

Signed up for a Charles Payne options webinar that’s tonight. Usually wouldn’t click on ads for stuff like that but I really like Charles although I’ll be surprised if he actually is a part of the webinar. Unless maybe it’s pre recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RUNVS?

Established Member
I picked up 50 shares of American Tower (AMT) at below $200 per share today. AMT was one of two lines I had in the water. I've also got a call in for 50 shares of Lowes (LOW) if it drops to $185 a share. To help fund the AMT purchase, I liquidated all 100 shares of Sysco (SYY) for a 10% profit.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I'm getting worried about my modest portfolio, mostly Canadian bank stocks. They've been good and pay decent dividends, but I'd like to diversify more.

However, I know enough to know that I need advice. Can you guys recommend any stock advisor services that you are using? I'd like something that would analyze my current holdings, and alert me to problems, and also make buy/sell recommendations. Or maybe there's a thread dedicated to this topic?

Many thanks

RUNVS?

Established Member
There is plenty of money to be made in blue chip stocks. Some (like AT&T) have been rather stagnant in their value, but are paying a decent dividend. Others (like Boeing, BHP Group, and Apple) are showing wide 52-week high/low spreads, which offer opportunities to take large profits on short turnarounds.

My broker's advice has always been to stay away from automotive and crypto because of their volatility. Three of my best, most consistent money-makers have been Chevron (CVX), Scotts Miracle Grow (SMG), and JM Smuckers (SJM). Harley Davidson (HOG) has done pretty well for me this past year, too.

Last edited:

Saleen498

Established Member
Jumping into SHOP once it goes sub 39 and into MPW since its low priced currently and has a pretty substantial dividend.
Added 10k shares to MULN today. Sell limit of 6k @ $0.37, the free shares will go to the stockpile. News of Nasdaq compliance extension should push it close to .40 again early march

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Just went positive on the last swing.

I feel like we may still have a bit of a run up over the next week but man. Nat gas has been choppy last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Same, went green today. Kicking myself for not doubling down when I was supposed to yesterday...but been burned on this one and got skiddish.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
In case you guys wonder what our elected officials have been up to...be careful what you type online I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread