SVTP stock pick thread.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Don't forget the regional banks for a nice high risk investment! I just bought some DPST after it fell another 18% this morning.
Too scary for me to buy any shares in any individual regional bank. I'm not familiar with DPST but the ETF for regionals is KRE which might be a possibility.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
This is a bit off topic and I apologize for that, but is anyone worried about this brics deal and what happens to assets if the dollar is ****ed? What about all the companies that have cash on hand?

q6543

Established Member
IMG_0292.png

Boil is literally a 99.9% chance of losing money over time.
I don’t understand why anyone looks at it.
When is the next reverse split?
Products like this should be illegal.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Hang in there on BOIL. Are you willing to wait a couple years to double your money?
As @q6543 mentions, I'm not sure you could hang onto that one for a couple of years due to the nature of the ETF. Wouldn't decay almost certainly wipe you out?

Now if it pulls a KOLD and goes $12 to $90 in a few months...maybe? But I really don't know where to begin with the math on that lol

Fat Boss

Established Member
I honestly don't know the answer other than I think as long as you're buying on the low end of the commodity's trading range, you're going to make money on the upswing. Look at the one year chart on KOLD, not the longer term charts for instance.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
I honestly don't know the answer other than I think as long as you're buying on the low end of the commodity's trading range, you're going to make money on the upswing. Look at the one year chart on KOLD, not the longer term charts for instance.
Kold was in a unique situation with NG prices soaring around the Russia/Ukraine invasion. Now that prices are beginning to normalize there seems to be less volatility surrounding both products. I don’t think I would be long in either of them at this point. Boil is most likely gonna reverse split soon and NG could easily drop down below $2.00 again with summer upon us. There is money to be made playing the 5-10% swings if you have good timing but personally I am waiting for NG around 1.70-1.90 to start buying boil for the winter movements.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. I'm still stuck in NVDA at $300 and INTC at $36. At least Intel pays a decent dividend. Nvida dividend is poor for a $700B company.
You alllmost broke even on NVDA today. Oh if we'd all just went all-in on new years day

Users who are viewing this thread