SVTP your my only hope!!!!! Car not firing

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Ok, so here's a break down of everything that I did recently.

On 12/1/12 the day of the RET dyno day I replaced my alternator and battery. SInce then I put a new to me just pullied eaton on, all new idlers,stock MAF and CF RAI, Stock Tb & plenum, and stock lower. (Nothing electrical) Also removed my front bumper to re paint my HE and and to remove my pulley bracket to notch it for a new tensioner.

I installed an AEM methanol kit this past Thursday. Wired everything up and uploaded my tune from RET to cruise down for my dyno tune and my car wont start (its cranking put not firing) :shrug: The cars been down for a couple weeks but ran perfect with zero issues before pulling off the last blower. Hadn't tried to start the car until this past Thursday when everything was on and ready to go for the dyno.

Had my car towed to Greg' shop to see if they could figure out what was wrong and so far we have not been able to find the culprit.

Things that we have already checked:

-Pulled the Methanol kit off
-All fuses including my Kenne Bell BAP fuse
-Fuel system kill switch
-Alternator/Battery
-MAF
-Coils/Plugs
-Crank sensor
-Cam sensor
-PATS off
-Swapped computers still wont fire
-Engine Ground
-loaded stock tune
-checked harness and firewall connections
-battery ground is good
-tried another CCRM module

If Im missing anything that could be the reason the car isn't getting power to the coils please let me know.

If we cant figure it out I'm gonna have my car towed to a local Ford dealership and have them take a whack at it. But I would really like to try and get some other opinions before I take it over to them. Thanks

Last edited:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
so you are not getting spark at all...are you getting fuel? FRPS?

No spark. pulled the coils to test if those were getting power and there not. Fuels fine. Already checked the fuel rail pressure sensor.

Last edited:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I did pull my intake manifold off but don't see how that could affect anything.

Edit: we checked the harness behind the manifold and it wasn't pinched

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
You need to download the service manual and just start going through the failure to start process.

Something may just have died on you unrelated to everything you have done.

For example the switch on the clutch pedal that detects the clutch is engaged. I can't remember I that cuts spark, fuel or both. Is I turning over but not starting? Not starting due to spark meaning your flooding your cylinders because I is getting fuel?

Last edited:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
no SES light?, have you tried returning to stock and see if it will fire up?

It is stock basically. Minus the pulleys.

You need to download the service manual and just start going through the failure to start process.

Something may just have died on you unrelated to everything you have done.

For example the switch on the clutch pedal that detects the clutch is engaged. I can't remember I that cuts spark, fuel or both. Is I turning over but not starting? Not starting due to spark meaning your flooding your cylinders because I is getting fuel?

Ill download it tonight. It is getting fuel. An it is turning over just not starting.

I was worried about it flooding so after a few cranks I stopped.

racebronco2

Established Member
I'm really surprised Greg couldn't figure it out.

Since your not getting spark does the coils have 12V?

Check the black coil wires for continuity from the ecu connector to the coil connector.

It's very unlikely that all the coil drivers went out at the same time.

You checked the crank sensor but how did you check it? With another known good part? You need check the crank sensor wiring for continuity also.

Check the clutch switch to see if it's getting power when the clutch is pressed.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I'm really surprised Greg couldn't figure it out.

Since your not getting spark does the coils have 12V?

Check the black coil wires for continuity from the ecu connector to the coil connector.

It's very unlikely that all the coil drivers went out at the same time.

You checked the crank sensor but how did you check it? With another known good part? You need check the crank sensor wiring for continuity also.

Check the clutch switch to see if it's getting power when the clutch is pressed.

Im not sure about the 12v but we replaced the crank sensor.

The coils are getting power to the red wire, but the green and yellow nothing.

I won't be able to get to my car till Friday. I've been emailing Greg about everything I'm searching on these suggestions. Ill ask him about the clutch switch.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
i would say check all the harness connections, even if they look connected. is your maf connected?. double check the simple things.

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Hook up a scan tool and turn the motor over for a few seconds and see if you can see the rpms go up as the engine turns, if not check the crank sensor

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
i would say check all the harness connections, even if they look connected. is your maf connected?. double check the simple things.

Trust me, I did.

Hook up a scan tool and turn the motor over for a few seconds and see if you can see the rpms go up as the engine turns, if not check the crank sensor

We already replaced the crank sensor. It's not that. (See post 1)

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Damn, WTF? That sucks man. Im shocked that even Greg can't figure it out. Well, I hope it gets sorted out quickly and it turns out to be something small and inexpensive to fix.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
So sorry to hear the bad news Jason. Hang in there man, you'll find it. What module controls spark? I have the service manual il see if I can look up some wiring schematics from the coils back. Back track everything you did electrical and look in those areas and around them for pinch or loose wires. Just inspect the whole car for obvious stuff.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
So sorry to hear the bad news Jason. Hang in there man, you'll find it. What module controls spark? I have the service manual il see if I can look up some wiring schematics from the coils back. Back track everything you did electrical and look in those areas and around them for pinch or loose wires. Just inspect the whole car for obvious stuff.

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread