Swap spare license plates?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
How do you end up with so many plates?

Fleet Management.

Would you be interested in trading for any IL plates? If not would you sell me any of yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not looking to sell or trade, I'm giving them away if I can figure out the best way to mail them and whomever wants any of them pays shipping.

Gary101386

Established Member
Fleet Management.

Not looking to sell or trade, I'm giving them away if I can figure out the best way to mail them and whomever wants any of them pays shipping.

The way I've shipped a few to others from this thread you slip them into one of those predetermined envelopes. It's only a couple bucks.

If possible I'd like 1 of each style you have.

Thanks!

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I have a ton of NJ and PA plates to trade.

I have the following, so not interested in duplicates.
NJ
PA
VT
NH
CA
FL
AZ
WV
SC.

Open to all others.

Gary101386

Established Member
I have a ton of NJ and PA plates to trade.

I have the following, so not interested in duplicates.
NJ
PA
VT
NH
CA
FL
AZ
WV
SC.

Open to all others.

I have IL plates if interested.

I'd be interested in 1 of each of yours if possible.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
The way I've shipped a few to others from this thread you slip them into one of those predetermined envelopes. It's only a couple bucks.

If possible I'd like 1 of each style you have.

Thanks!

Cool, I'll look into this and request your shipping address when I'm ready to send them out.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
20161109_160550_zpsfxed86fp.jpg

Wow, count me in on these plates!!! PM me what you're asking for cause I'd like to get two flat red plates & a handicap one. I plan on mounting these on my garage wall so looking for the least "warped" one. Thanks.

The handicap plate looks like the previous generation Michigan plate from afar.....

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Fleet Management.

I was thinking you could just place cardboard piece around the plate so they won't be bent during transit.
USPS has flat rate envelopes or small packages. I could use PayPal to cover these fees.

Also, under this new site program/management, I can't tell if I sent a PM to you or myself.... tried reaching out to you (2KBlackGT)...

2KBlackGT

Established Member

Bump..

I grabbed a few flat rate envelopes from the Post Office, if anyone is still interested in an Arkansas plate PM me your address. Only asking for shipping cost in return, which is $6.65 per envelope. I was able to fit 3 wrapped in newspaper in the envelope i mailed earlier today.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
As usual I "test-the-waters" to get any new style or extra plates, 2KBlackGT came thru!

Thank you, 2KBlackGT

Plan on ordering another set.....

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Been to every state and 6 provinces and only plate we were not able to get is Rhode Island. Too dang small to find any.

Rhode Island is tough....

I can't remember the exact stores names but I remember there's a few shops in the tourist area right on Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood [LA]

But can't recall if it was in Miami or Miami-Beach but it's where there was a lot of people-traffic with a bunch of tourist shops

Again based on memory, these tourist shops had racks of various license plates from all over the country including Canada but were asking anywhere from $10 to $30 each....

vortecd

Established Member
Update:

Wyoming is offering 2018 style sample license plates with up to 9 letters to be personalized for your garage, car-shows, kid's bedroom..... practically any where.

Fill out this form & send 'em a check for $7 for each plate ordered.

http://www.dot.state.wy.us/files/live/sites/wydot/files/shared/Motor Vehicle Services/2017 MV-150 Sample & Novelty App.pdf

I spent pretty much half of my life in Colorado and the other half in Michigan but was born in Cheyenne, WY. I think I'm going buy a couple

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Maryland Sample license plates:

I read that Maryland sample license plates are free but you have to go in person to the Customer Response Team office on the top floor of MVA headquarters in Glen Burnie.

But showing up there in person is hit-or-miss. Sometimes that office has been locked up tight during business hours. Sometimes they have no sample plates to give out.
Other times they have all available styles in sample plate format.

..............................................................................................

So I figured seeing if a forum member is local to the MVA Office in Glen Burnie can give this a shot & see if it's true.

I would gladly pay for the shipping to have a few different design MD plates in my collection.

I seem to only land "beat-up" plain plain style MD plates & I tried eBay but it seems there's a lot of "ghost" bidding trying to up the purchase price which I never fall for.....
I would be the only bidder for days but then a ZERO-feedback bidder tries to raise the price....

Users who are viewing this thread