Swapping Base H/U to a Shaker H/U

Swine

Established Member
Does a shaker HU push any more power then a stock base HU? I have a Boss 302 with an abysmal OEM base sound system and want a nice cheap effective improvement.

My thoughts are the shaker HU IF it pushes more power then a stocker and a decent speaker upgrade. If the shaker doesnt push more power ill skip it.

Any help?

SoCalSterling14

Does a shaker HU push any more power then a stock base HU? I have a Boss 302 with an abysmal OEM base sound system and want a nice cheap effective improvement.

My thoughts are the shaker HU IF it pushes more power then a stocker and a decent speaker upgrade. If the shaker doesnt push more power ill skip it.

Any help?

I recently swapped my base radio for a Shaker 500 to add the Sirius tuner and immediately regretted that decision. My 2014 base GT has the Tech Pack and Sync, and after the swap, the volume of the Sync voice was cut in half. The sound volume for music with the Shaker head unit was nowhere near what the Base unit put out. The Shaker must be designed to work with door subs, which the base GT and Boss 302 lack.

Users who are viewing this thread