Sway bars

TexaSTI

Established Member
So, I've been looking everywhere to figure out a solution to upgrading the sway bars on my Cobra. It seems like everything is discontinued. With that said, I am hoping someone may know something I don't or have an idea on what I could possibly do besides scouring the secondhand market.

cobracide

Established Member
Aftermarket sway bars are generally avoided on the Terminator. What is your suspension setup and what is your motivation on getting new sway bars? There are a ton of other suspension mods you can do instead. All depends on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

TexaSTI

Established Member
Aftermarket sway bars are generally avoided on the Terminator. What is your suspension setup and what is your motivation on getting new sway bars? There are a ton of other suspension mods you can do instead. All depends on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

So I have everything that can be done to the IRS besides the rear sway (all ftbr, billet half shafts, etc). In theory, a bigger rear sway bar helps plant power during hard acceleration/launching. Possibly due to resistance against deflection. I am trying to get every advantage I can with the IRS since the car will be making 1k+ whp.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
So I have everything that can be done to the IRS besides the rear sway (all ftbr, billet half shafts, etc). In theory, a bigger rear sway bar helps plant power during hard acceleration/launching. Possibly due to resistance against deflection. I am trying to get every advantage I can with the IRS since the car will be making 1k+ whp.
You're looking for a antiroll bar then. That's what's used in drag racing to help keep things straight during acceleration. They're are quite a few universal bars that would probably work. It might be worth reaching out to a company like Team Z and picking their brains.

shurur

Established Member
There seem to be enough wanting these sway bars that someone might be able to get a production run going for a group buy.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
So, I've been looking everywhere to figure out a solution to upgrading the sway bars on my Cobra. It seems like everything is discontinued. With that said, I am hoping someone may know something I don't or have an idea on what I could possibly do besides scouring the secondhand market.

2003 Venomous

Established Member
SVTP, I have seen a few threads and I have not found a solution for the rear sway bar, which I have been searching for a few years.

I reached out to Eibach and they said they will make a run of the coveted 03/04 Mustang Cobra Rear IRS sway bar P/N 3590.312.

The CATCH is this; they will only run a minimum of 100 units and will direct ship to one person. Not sure we can find someone willing to take this on; maybe a vendor who wants to offer them to other 03/04 Cobra owners not on SVTP.

There is an option, but its a venture that would seek commitment from a lot of folks. No idea on the amount of money a 100 unit run, if enough interest we can engage.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I might be interested in assisting. What's the cost per sway bar at 100 units?

2003 Venomous

Established Member
Not sure on cost, let me inquire what a total cost of 100 units shipped would be and get back with you all.

There is some interest and the only way to get this going is to start a Group Buy thread and/or unless a vendor steps up....Anybody know Jared Rosen of Lethal Performance?
Total transparency, I have no time to take lead on something like this with life occurring....happy to assist.

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
i have the steeda front sway bar on my cobra. Nabbed it off the Mach 1 before i sold it.
Installed it with the steeda spacer kit... not my favorite

With that said sign me up for a rear sway bar!

Users who are viewing this thread