switch Air/Fuel on Cluster to Lambda

Mikey_boosted_c

Established Member
Hello , Does anyone know how to do as the title stated?

When I switch to E85 the Gauge wont read lower then 10.00 afr . Heard its possible to switch where the indicator states AIR/Fuel to make it read Lambda .

Any help Or Directions how to would be appreciated

Thanks

jn2

Established Member
I do not believe you can change it, I messed with the settings and even changed them to make *F read as C* and the A/F would still read as A/F...it was the one thing that did not change.

You're best bet for monitoring in lambda would be to pick up a nGauge or Interceptor gauge...

AKDMB

Established Member
Autometer makes a product called Dash Control, it plugs into the OBD2 Port and modifies the CANbus actively, it isn't a flash, it just operates when it is plugged in. I never thought they would release it for Ford applications, but they did just release it for the F150. You can look up some of the demo's online, but it can apparently display any piece of info from your car on any screen. The best bet would be to see when autometer is coming out with their version for the mustang and then see if measured lambda will even be supported, or could be.

http://www.autometer.com/dashcontrol-obdii-display-controller-ford-f150-2009-2014.html

Another thing someone could look at would be a program called FORScan. Some of the 2015 Mustang Owners have used it to change minor settings on the CANbus, I guess the as-built data would be the correct term maybe? Anyways you can see some examples of what they have done to their cars with it.

My understanding is all it lets you is select different preset factory options on different CANbus modules or turn various things on or off, not come up with new data or modify it any way you please. I don't think anyone has used it on a 2011-2014 car though, and I have no idea how it affects the reading and writing of tunes to the car.

Here is a couple different links to that thread, it's very long so I linked to two good examples.

Modifying the factory nav "splash" screen
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61884&page=10

Turning off the double honk
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61884

Last edited:

stangn

Established Member
I was under the impression that the factory computer read lamda and converted it to A/F. But I'm not positive, the tuners will know for sure.

AKDMB

Established Member
I was under the impression that the factory computer read lamda and converted it to A/F. But I'm not positive, the tuners will know for sure.

It does, the PCM works in terms of lambda and it converts measured lambda to air fuel ratio for the gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread