Switching to e85...need advice please

kevin_04svt

Established Member
I have a 03 mach 1 built motor eaton swap running 12lbs. Fore triple hat with gss 342 pumps and 80lb injectors, magnafuel rails and regulator, upgraded lines. Would this support e85 on my setup?

kevin_04svt

Established Member
Thanks...good to know cause I really dont want to change out pumps and injectors since it already has plenty of fuel system for stock blower car...I was just worried cause you hear how corrosive and whatnot e85 is apparently...

bigmoose

Established Member
I was thinking only of flow before. As far as compatible with e85 it seems some people have run them for a while on e85 without issue.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I think at only 12psi....you'll be fine with the gss342s and the 80s. Go swapping to a tvs or twin screw and start spinning 20psi you probably will need an upgrade with the lines and pumps. Gss342s are not ethanol rated...but none the less they have survived ethanol use for long periods of time.

As far as "corrosion"....I would not worry the least especially since you have access to Houston area ethanol. You will be fine, the quality is consistently good down here with well over E70 readings all year long....but I still advise testing it to every fill up to be sure of the ethanol % before you pump.

Users who are viewing this thread