Switching Tuners

kng1999

Established Member
The previous owner of my 2003 Cobra had the car custom tuned with a Diablosport Predator tuner. I recently purchased an SCT handheld with a few preloaded tunes on it.
Would there be any adverse effects to removing the Predator from the car and using the SCT tuner? I do plan to have it custom dyno tuned in the future but for now I'd like to run the SCT tuner if possible.

Current mods are a 2.76 pulley with tensioners, Borla Stinger cat-back, and a Snow Performance stage 2 meth injection kit that is currently turned off (I intend to keep it off for the time being). I also have a JLT high boost intake with SCT MAF 2600, and my understanding is that I cannot install this without adjusting the tune.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

nrmustang

Established Member
Are the pre-loaded tunes custom? Set up for your 2.76 pulley? Otherwise I don't think the canned SCT tunes are set up for a pulley. At least mine wasn't.

I would just run the custom Predator tunes until your ready to have it dyno tuned. Then bring your tuner the SCT and he'll do the rest.

Last edited:

Smoke92

Established Member
I'm in the same situation, the previous owner of my car had it custom tuned with a predator afford 93 octane. I can't get 93 octane where I live so I have been thing of getting a SCT tune made up for me (email only no tuners even close) so I can run 91. It's tough though to pull a dyno tune for a mail order tune, I'm sure it won't make as much power.

SnowMan

Established Member
The Predator should have the original tune in it. I have one and the manual warns not to install one custom tune over another, which kinda makes sense. I would reinstall the original/stock tune either with the Predator or go to your local Ford dealer and they can reflash it. Then you should be able to use your new tuner with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread