SYNC I want to punch you in the throat

kingnut

Established Member
Bluetooth audio. Then the bitch asks me what number I want to dial. I said bluetooth audio. You said phonebook right...

Is there a better way to get bluetooth audio? A physical shortcut or should I scream "butternut squash and truffles"? Shit drives me nuts.

Grant808

Established Member
Bluetooth audio. Then the bitch asks me what number I want to dial. I said bluetooth audio. You said phonebook right...

Is there a better way to get bluetooth audio? A physical shortcut or should I scream "butternut squash and truffles"? Shit drives me nuts.

Try 'Broo-toot ow-di-oh'. Think foreign accent. Works on my '11 Edge. No problems on the '11 GT, which has the older sync.

UOP Shadow

Established Member
I finally just bought a 64 gig USB drive, downloaded my music to it from my computer & plugged it into the USB slot in my car. Works better than bluetooth & can control it through the car's control buttons.

Doesn't work 100% but is much better than blewtoothawdee-0!

swedensky

Established Member
Quickest non-verbal way is to hit AUX button, hit Menu, then scroll two options to the right to Select Source. From there you should be able to select USB, Bluetooth Audio, etc.

I work in our Sync Clinic at my dealership, if you need help PM me

Electrokid

Established Member
I too hate the Sync purely for trying to connect to Bluetooth Audio. Every time I try, it ends up phoning someone I don't intend to and then it causes me to panic and start fiddling with the steering wheel controls to cancel the call... less than safe.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Quickest non-verbal way is to hit AUX button, hit Menu, then scroll two options to the right to Select Source. From there you should be able to select USB, Bluetooth Audio, etc.

yea thats how i usually do it b/c the car is too damn loud.

N20D5OH

Established Member
I had it in my 2011 Explorer before this. I effing hated it. The Bluetooth would lock it up more often than not and I'd have to climb under the dash to pull the fuse to reboot it. I did the same as stated earlier, got a 64 gb flash drive and was done. The system seemed like it ran on a P2 233 mhz processor though. It was annoyingly slow.

PIKE5.0

Established Member

This.. Bluetooth in our cars is a joke. Too much roadnoise and for most exhaust noise. It is still a pain in the ass to punch a few buttons and scroll the knob for it every time

N20D5OH

Established Member
I always loved when it locked up and displayed the message "Sync is performing routine system maintenance". No it isn't, it shit the bed.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
And all the posts I made in here are gone.....

moving to a new server is never easy...hopefully all the posts and threads lost in the DB move come back.

numbnutz

Established Member
Mine either says Sync Line In (where it won't play my iPod) or USB connected ( where it works). Majority of the time it says Sync Line In.

Is this common?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Mine either says Sync Line In (where it won't play my iPod) or USB connected ( where it works). Majority of the time it says Sync Line In.

Is this common?
SYNC Line-In is I think using a 3.5mm jack and turning the car into giant headphones.

burke985

Established Member
See when you were too cheap to buy a premium like me you don't have these issues:-D

Users who are viewing this thread