T-3650 or t56 for autocross

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Like the title says which would be better? The reason why I ask I am building a 90gt for autocross it has 01 cobra irs and engine mm k member and coilover a front and rear and I don't have a transmission for it.

Boss002

Established Member
What power level will it have? What class are you going to run ? My car came with a tr 3650 and I swapped it for a t56 because I had spare dough. Now I wish I had the 3650 for ESP because 2nd goes into the mid 70s with a 3.55 gear. Plus the t56 was putting me into ESP instead of stx

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
I didn't think about classes when I started building it but my guess sence the suspension isn't stock would be street modified also I am shooting for about 380rwhp n/a with the cobra motor

foxbodymike

Established Member
With class consideration to the side, I personally would recommend a variant of the T-56, the T56 magnum with the close-ratio gear set. That would set you up for handling a lot of power if you choose to beef up your engine even more down the road. And you have the 6th gear for highway use :beer:

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
With that combo in your car you will probably be in "XP" or "CP" class, so the tansmission should not really matter. I prefer a 6 spd in auto-x, depending on the axle ratio I'm sure you will be able to keep it in first during the entire race.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread