t-45 question(pic request plz)

paintballpyro1

Established Member
Im in the mist of doing a manual and 04 motor swap in my 96 gt. I got everything together and in the car. Today i decided to put the shifter on and put the center console back in along with the new shifter bezel with the leather boot.I noticed that when the car was in first gear the shifter was all the way to left like almost hitting the center console and 5th gear it sits just about centered. Is this normal? ive never had a manual or actually paid attention to how far over others were.

I was wondering if anyone could take or have pictures of the shifter with it in 1st gear. im just concerned that the motor and trans are not sitting straight even tho its in both motor mounts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

paintballpyro1

Established Member
yea stock shifter. couldn't believe how close it is the the left side of the center console in 1st. Doesn't help that i like things symmetrical so i would prefer 3 be center haha. Well looks like im getting a new shifter. Thanks for the reply

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Lol!

Shifter- HI! I'm stock shifter. My name iz sloppy! What can I call you???

You- Hi Shifter. You can call me unsatisfied, and looking for an MGW. :)

paintballpyro1

Established Member
haha nvrl8te, well atleast i feel better with things. This motor and trans swap has been a pain and starting to nickle and dime me to death.

97cobra...

Established Member
Lol to get in first gear you gotta punch you dash second reach into the trunk and so on Hahaha

sent from tapatalk2 while driving no lesson learned

Users who are viewing this thread