Established Member
I got to see it at Laguna Seca last year - I think during the historics
They’ll have a car run a few laps during lunch time
Sure sounded nice

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Can't say this car excited me too much early on by its looks compared to the original F1. But wow! That Cosworth V12 sounds amazing! Not as much driving action as you would like to see in a video but it actually looks like a blast to drive.

Awesome! I’d never even heard of this make. The V12 howl is mesmerizing!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's basically Gordon Murray taking the reigns and making his own true McLaren F1 successor since McLaren is doing things slightly different. I think it's more his passion project for himself.
Well said! This gem is about as good as it gets. But yeah, the sound of that V12 is absolutely mesmerizing. Stunningly beautiful all around IMO.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Would love to tour Cosworth's facilities. They've been my favorite motorsports company since I was a kid and first learned of them. The innovation and prestige they've acquired over the decades is unmatched.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Can't say this car excited me too much early on by its looks compared to the original F1. But wow! That Cosworth V12 sounds amazing! Not as much driving action as you would like to see in a video but it actually looks like a blast to drive.

I met Gordon when the Monterey car week ended and he was at the Canepa facility in Scotts Valley. Great guy, they had the T.50 and T.33 at the facility to look at. Amazing cars, the T50 is lighter than the Mac F1. Too bad the exterior design is meh.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I met Gordon when the Monterey car week ended and he was at the Canepa facility in Scotts Valley. Great guy, they had the T.50 and T.33 at the facility to look at. Amazing cars, the T50 is lighter than the Mac F1. Too bad the exterior design is meh.

Nice

At 2,200#, not much out there will have the performance, and more importantly, the feel/dynamics that this will have.

I agree on the meh design, but I think a lot of it is purely form following function. With the fan system, is simply does not need aggressive wings, splitters, vents for proper aero. With this approach it can achieve downforce and mechanical grip without creating all the extra drag that comes with a more conventional approach to aero.

Last edited:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Too bad the T.50 will not be coming to the US (well maybe on a NHTSA "show and display"). T.33 I hear will. The F-1 is my holy grail car, anything like it, "no holds barred", and then to have 3 pedals? I dont care what it looks like, Id love to have one.

Users who are viewing this thread