T-56 being rebuilt.....

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I am having my t-56 rebuilt here in the next week or so, I am looking at this stage 2 rebuild kit from the gear box it looks pretty stout.... I plan on doing the bigger input shaft , even tho I just bought a new 10 spline clutch.

Is there anything I'm missing that I should have done while its apart?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SlowSVT

Established Member
If a stage 2 rebuild is "good", wouldn't a stage 3 be "better"?

ah,..............btw: what's a stage 2 rebuild? :shrug:

TRBO VNM

I haven't heard anything about gear boxes manual rebuilds. I have heard good things about factory auto rebuilds.

I just bring my customers to Billy at BAP for t56 rebuilds.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
The best kit they have is the "stage 2" staged products are so dumb. And a guy in laplata qouted me $600 for the rebuild. I am providing the parts and removing the transmission

TRBO VNM

Wow, never heard of BAP and you live in MD?

Search the web and search this site. I don't know GB experience with t56 trans or manuals, but I know Billy does a lot.

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I'll have to contact them to compare prices I went to southern Maryland transmission its next to the wawa in laplata

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bills Automotive Performance
11504 College View Drive
Silver Spring, MD

Phone: (301) 962-8516

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL! No, I don't rebuild transmissions. TRBO VNM had recommended Bill's Automotive Performance in Maryland. I just Googled the address and phone number for you in case you wanted to call them. :)

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I will give them a call, I'm really not a fan if this t56 after being used to the 05+ transmission which is super smooth and as quiet as can be

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And that's Bob. :poke:

I'm having an identity crisis. :lol1:

I will give them a call, I'm really not a fan if this t56 after being used to the 05+ transmission which is super smooth and as quiet as can be.

As far as the '05+ transmission, it is not perfect either. It transmits (gear) noise into the cabin just like the T-56 does. Maybe on average the T-56 has a greater amount of gear noise, but the S-197 manual isn't immune to it. I am regularly asked if I sell a gasket set to quiet the '05+ Mustang. That's proof enough. I do agree that the smoothness is better with the '05+, but it isn't perfect.

Just curious. You're looking for a stout T-56 on the rebuild. Did you look at the Magnum T-56?

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I'm having an identity crisis. :lol1:

As far as the '05+ transmission, it is not perfect either. It transmits (gear) noise into the cabin just like the T-56 does. Maybe on average the T-56 has a greater amount of gear noise, but the S-197 manual isn't immune to it. I am regularly asked if I sell a gasket set to quiet the '05+ Mustang. That's proof enough. I do agree that the smoothness is better with the '05+, but it isn't perfect.

Just curious. You're looking for a stout T-56 on the rebuild. Did you look at the Magnum T-56?

I have looked at them and think they are amazing from what I hear but I'm looking at 1500 with a t56 and the Magnum is 3000 :banghead:

Im not sure what kit ppl are using to rebuild them but this one http://www.thegearbox.org/catalog/item/3838217/7824166.htm seems to be pretty nice
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Check out Jason at Texas Drivetrain Performance.

He makes his own parts and can build whatever you want in a T56 for half the price.

I am looking at $1500 for a "magnum" equivalent build.

he will give you shipping labels for shipping the T56. cost $100 from CA to TX.

give him a shout!

Texas Drivetrain Performance

:beer:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I looked at it it seems like his kits come with a little less not sure if that price included labor it would be on a crate tmrw!

Users who are viewing this thread