T-56 Issues

GetBitBiatch

Is that your gf's car?
Established Member
Several months ago my tranmission got to where it wouldn't go into 6th and it wasn't completely going into 5th but all other gears worked fine. I took it to a shop here and it was torn apart and rebuilt. They replaced 5th and 6th gears, along with a complete bearing kit, synchros, clutch kit and input shaft. After driving it about 100 miles 5th and 6th disappeared again and the transmission was making a horrible grinding/squeaking noise in every gear except 4th. I took it back and they said there was an issue with reverse that they missed before and it caused something to jam all the gears together causing the noise. Got it back and 3 days later it wouldn't go into reverse and started making the noise again. I took it back 2 weeks ago and when it was torn down it looked like there wasn't any oil on 5th, 6th or reverse.

Have any of you every seen this or have any idea of what could cause this??? The guys at the shop are stumped as well and I'm getting annoyed with everything. I could have just brought a new Viper T56 and saved alot of time and money.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
i'm no expert on the subject but why not send it to d&d performance and have them rebuild it for you? better then some local joint doing it imo.

Users who are viewing this thread