t-56 magnum about to go into car!!! IS there any modification needed to bellhousing??

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Hey there guys,

This is for you t-56 magnum owners out there. I am going to be installing my new tranny tomorrow. I already have the new ds yolk, i was wondering if anyone had any issues with it bolting RIGHT up to the bellhousing. The guy at the shop told me that there might need to be some modification to the bellhousing, but everywhere i saw info on this said that there was just driveshaft modification needed, no bellhousing mod. If someone could clear this up for me that would be great. Thanks

bLk 03 c0uPe

lOw CoBra
Established Member
its the same dimensions, and exactly like the t-56 from looking at it from the outside. I have an 03 cobra with the factory t56 and a t56M in my fox. they are identical on the outside. Its whats in the insides of the M that is different.
25306_385508426811_631506811_3833772_1539572_n.jpg

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
thanks guys, called the guy i bought it from this morn, he told me to check- took bellhousing out, and mached it up- fits perfectly. Supposedly there was something to be notched, however upon inspection, there is not. So, the install begins......

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
well ive got the bellhousing bolted back up, clutch in/aligned, and starter rebolted in. I am now in need of the hulk to come over to help me stab this biznitch. It is really REALLY heavy. I am guessing it far surpasses the weight of the stocker. I dropped off the d/s today to get the new yoke put on, shortened, and balanced. I hopefully will be back on the road friday...... Its been about a month or longer..... more reviews to come once i get it in and driven on..... BTW.... you guys that have it or other T-56s, what is your opinion on Pennzoil Synchromesh? Thats what i opted to put in the trans. Any thoughts?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ damn it's really that heavy?? Shit man when I lifted my T45 and the magnum the magnum was lighter in my opinion. But i'm not 100%. I used Royal Purple Auto transmission fluid iirc.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^No it will not, and MGW doesn't make a shifter for it yet. I just emailed them yesterday about it and I'm awaiting a reply. The shifter that comes with it is an awesome shifter!! It is equally as good as the MGW with good feedback :) I do want a MGW though, is it needed..no.. but mgw's are just badass looking shifters ahahaha

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I would love one of these trannys, I've had so many issues with my stock T56 its not even funny. If my car was in the states this would for sure be one thing I would be spending money on! Hope you enjoy it man!

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
wellll....... tranny is mounted, hooked up, clutch cable hooked up, its filled with oil, cars filled with some fresh oil, and got her started, NO MORE CHATTERY NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!! It went in without a hitch. Didnt have a damned alignment tool, so i used the old 26 spline input shaft. Me and two other guys had a little fun muscling it in. It went in suprisingly easy, short of all the cardboard box shit falling all in my eyes. For the first time in my life i actually didnt wanna burn my car after ten mins of working on it, everything went in smoothly, and worked properly after it was tested. Now just gotta wait on ds to get back tomorrow from shortening and balancing.....

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ Oh man I can't wait to read your post after you drive it lol. It'll all be worth it I promise. No joke man. :thumbsup:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
lol one simple word^^ It won't shift like a semi truck lol. It doesn't feel like it's fighting you. I can literally flick my finger back and for 2nd gear and in goes it that easily. High rpm shifts?? No problem 7200+ for me and it feels just like shifting a 2.3k.

Users who are viewing this thread