T56 Antivenom Mod 03 Cobra.

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
I did this Anti venom mod yesterday , I can feel a slight difference maybe 30% smoother

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

'03 Terminator

Established Member
Thanks for the write up. Hopefully I can get to the bolt without needing a lift or dropping the trans. Gonna give it a shot this week. Anything to help smooth out the shifting.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a super easy mod to do. You just need to have as much room as possible to remove the Shift Detent bolt. Easy!

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks for the write up.

anyone ever do a video install on this? If not I may do one when I tackle mine.

There are a few videos for it being done on Vettes and what not. I began filming one for the Cobra but hate my voice so never uploaded and only did pics.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
There are a few videos for it being done on Vettes and what not. I began filming one for the Cobra but hate my voice so never uploaded and only did pics.
If you still have the video you could always do a voice over with a horrible british accent.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I did this mod, about 2 years ago and i didn't notice much difference, mine has always been very notchy when shifting. I've also tried every type of trans oil with out any success :( Next step for me is a tranny rebuild.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I did this mod, about 2 years ago and i didn't notice much difference, mine has always been very notchy when shifting. I've also tried every type of trans oil with out any success :( Next step for me is a tranny rebuild.
What's your clutch set up?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
What's your clutch set up?

I've had the McLeod RXT for about 5 yrs, about a year ago i had the clutch and flywheel sent back to be rebuild/resurfaced, because the chatter and noise was driving me crazy! I love the pedal effort and grip this setup provides but its still noisy and chatty at times.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've had the McLeod RXT for about 5 yrs, about a year ago i had the clutch and flywheel sent back to be rebuild/resurfaced, because the chatter and noise was driving me crazy! I love the pedal effort and grip this setup provides but its still noisy and chatty at times.
I'd say something is off with your clutch then. I've put about 15k on my RXT. The only time it chattered was when I first got the car and it was still being broken in as well as me learning the car. As of now the only sound I get is a slight hissing with it starts to engage. But I only hear that in the garage when I'm moving the car. I've taught both of my kids to drive stick with this set up as well.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I'd say something is off with your clutch then. I've put about 15k on my RXT. The only time it chattered was when I first got the car and it was still being broken in as well as me learning the car. As of now the only sound I get is a slight hissing with it starts to engage. But I only hear that in the garage when I'm moving the car. I've taught both of my kids to drive stick with this set up as well.

Thats interesting cause i was leaning to something being wrong with my setup as well, but its been installed 2x by different speed shop. Truthfully its like you said above, i can minimize the chatter based on how i drive it, giving it a little extra revs, But you are correct on having to learn how to drive it. Especially when on an incline in reverse. Ive heard from many RXT owners that these clutches are noisy though!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Thats interesting cause i was leaning to something being wrong with my setup as well, but its been installed 2x by different speed shop. Truthfully its like you said above, i can minimize the chatter based on how i drive it, giving it a little extra revs, But you are correct on having to learn how to drive it. Especially when on an incline in reverse. Ive heard from many RXT owners that these clutches are noisy though!
I've heard them say the same thing on the S197 forum. I can drag mine down in a parking lot though with no chatter. The only thing I don't know is which flywheel they went with. Maybe that's the difference.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I've heard them say the same thing on the S197 forum. I can drag mine down in a parking lot though with no chatter. The only thing I don't know is which flywheel they went with. Maybe that's the difference.

The last shop that installed mine had me go with the McLeod billet steel flywheel, he said it will have better street manners and help with the chatter. I've had the RXT with both setups aluminum and Billet flywheel definitely chatters less with the billet. Iam very anal about noise so maybe what i am complaining about isnt as bad for others?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The last shop that installed mine had me go with the McLeod billet steel flywheel, he said it will have better street manners and help with the chatter. I've had the RXT with both setups aluminum and Billet flywheel definitely chatters less with the billet. Iam very anal about noise so maybe what i am complaining about isnt as bad for others?
Possibly. But then I'm pretty particular about driveability and such with my car. I had a billet steel flywheel in an old set up and it was nice. Maybe your car just doesn't like the RXT.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Possibly. But then I'm pretty particular about driveability and such with my car. I had a billet steel flywheel in an old set up and it was nice. Maybe your car just doesn't like the RXT.

Agreed! my tranny has always been notchy, I have tried all the miracle fluids, RP, Amsoil, etc.. Various cables, Quadrants/fire wall adjuster, currently using oem cable but the previous Steeda cable worked just as well, and lastly the Anti Venom Mod. Still notchy?
The T45 on my wifes GT w/100k shifts like butter and has been through the ringer, we use to race it every friday night local test and tune, its on the 3rd clutch since 1999, damn thing shifts great!

Stage 4.6

Established Member

Agreed! my tranny has always been notchy, I have tried all the miracle fluids, RP, Amsoil, etc.. Various cables, Quadrants/fire wall adjuster, currently using oem cable but the previous Steeda cable worked just as well, and lastly the Anti Venom Mod. Still notchy?
The T45 on my wifes GT w/100k shifts like butter and has been through the ringer, we use to race it every friday night local test and tune, its on the 3rd clutch since 1999, damn thing shifts great!

Sorry double posted?

Users who are viewing this thread